Welcome to part 4 of a 6 part series talking about a great FREE tool, which has released it’s 5th major version on Monday (7-12-2010).
The new version, MAP 5.0, has some exciting new features to help with discovery and software usage. In this screencast we take a look how MAP 5.0’s new database discovery feature gives you the information you need to optimize your database resources and investments. MAP helps you simplify database administration and provides wide-ranging details of databases and server instances—information you can leverage for consolidation. Use the MAP Toolkit’s proposals to better utilize hardware and database resources, reduce administrative costs, and streamline your software licensing needs— all essentials for cost effective IT planning and operations.
To learn more about MAP please take a look at the following:
- Download MAP 5.0 Today: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=158988
- Learn more about MAP 5.0 here: http://www.microsoft.com/map
- Part 1: Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 5.0: Overview part 1
- Part 2: Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 5.0: Office 2010 part 2
- Part 3: Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 5.0: Windows Server Consolidation part 3