As many of you know I love the great tools that are built-into Windows Server 2008 R2. I really like the inclusion of the Best Practices Analyzer (BPA). When Windows Server 2008 R2 Launched it only had the following 5 analyzers built-in: Active Directory Certification Services, Active Directory directory services, DNS, Remote Desktop Services, and Web Server (Internet Information Services. Well I was updated some of the servers in my lab, and I happed to notice we have included even more updates for the BPA Tool:
- Active Directory Rights Management
- Application Server
- DHCP Server
- File Services
- Network Policy and Access Services (NAP)
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
So another great reason to keep your servers up to date, more tools!!!!
If you have not a had a chance to see the Best Practices Analyzer in action on Windows Server 2008 R2, check out my screencast, I published a few months back.
- Learn more about the BPA’s here: Best Practices Analyzer
- Chapter 15 of My Book: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration Instant Reference