No Fooling: Use the New TechNet Subscription code TNITQ406 to save 25% for your Favorite IT Pro

TNITQ406 Happy April, we had a change of the program and the code, the new code to get a discount !  I hope everyone is starting off with a great spring.  What a better way to celebrate Spring than giving your favorite IT Pro a new TechNet subscription and you can save 25% with TNITQ406!!!!!

Just Use TNITQ406 when ordering your new subscription.

Click here to get your TechNet Subscription:

Purchase a TechNet Subscription

Then just enter the Promotion Code:  TNITQ406

If you have not checked out what you get with a TechNet Subscription here are a few of the benefits:

• Full-version software licensed for evaluation purposes; includes Microsoft operating systems, servers, and Office System software as well as Beta software: pre-release versions of Microsoft software to keep up to date on the latest technologies.

• Two (2) complimentary technical support incidents and a 20% discount on additional phone support incidents you purchase.
With an annual subscription, you can evaluate over 70+ full-version Microsoft software titles like Windows 7 and Office 2010 without time or feature limits.
But hurry!  Offer ends 6/30/10.

And of course you still get the TechNet Library containing the Microsoft Knowledge Base, security updates, service packs resource kits, utilities, technical training, and product documentation to keep your systems and IT skills up to date!!!!

Some details about the offer:

This promo code is only for new subscriptions, you can use the code for renewals as well, however you are already saving 33% on renewals (but if you use my code it makes me look like I am doing my job :-)  Again we are having a bit of a contest so please use my code: TNITQ406

So go get your TechNet Subscription today, and remember use the promotion code: TNITQ406 to save 25%!!!!!!!!

This offer is only for NEW TechNet Plus Direct orders only and is only valid for redemption in the US.  Offer is valid 4/1/10 to 6/30/10, subject to change

[UPDATE] If you get a 1025 error, please drop me an email by using the email link on the left.  I appologize for any issues.

1. Damian says:

Is there any offers like this for the poor guys in Europe? Starting with Ireland would be neat 😉

2. Andrew McNaughton says:

Hey, no fair… is this definitely not available to us Europeans (or United Kingdom dwellers)?

3. Kevin Fielder says:

Great info, but a shame Microsoft remains so US focused.

They haven’t lost a sale as I recently subscribed to TechNet here in the UK.  It is just a shame to see that they offer better discounts based on geography for a web based subscription!  This is both dissappointing and somewhat backwards..

4. Michele Chapman says:

Thank you.  I’ve been thinking about this for some time and your discount code was the deciding factor for me to go ahead and subscribe to TechNet.  Keep up the good work.

5. pAnoNymous says:

why only US? where’s the love Matt? you know we have a recession over here too (UK), and volcanic ash…..

6. Matt Hester says:

Thank you everyone for all of your feedback, and I wish I could do something for my folks overseas.  Unfortunately the offer is currently US only; however we are looking at expanding the program internationally.

As soon as I hear any information, I will post the news.

7. Phillip Moody says:

I tried and it gives me an error

Error

1025 – There’s a good chance that this is not something you’ve done wrong, but an error that we’re not yet aware of. We think that the best thing to do is to start again from the home page. If the problem persists, please contact our support team and reference error code 1025 for assistance.

Whats up with that.

8. RC says:

Seems to work for Canadians as well. I tried it and tit took me all the way to just put in my credit card. I didn’t buy yet still waiting for Office 2010 to release 1st before buying.

9. Jason says:

Wow!  I heard Mr. Supersite talkinga about this with Leo. and to knock off an additional 25 percent made the total purchase around $280 with tax.  great deal for a first time buyer!

thanks for the tip and promo code!  Matt you rule!

10. Nick says:

Can’t seem to sign up. It always gives an error! Have you tried signing up with the link provided?

11. Travis says:

Just used this code in Canada with my billing/shipping address in Canada. It works and I paid $261.75

12. Ron Rowe says:

Every time I try to order, the Technet site gives displays the error code 1025. Is anyone else experiencing this?

13. wr says:

Code worked fine from Canada 2010-04-20

14. bmoura says:

Same here.

No way to order Tech Net Plus Direct on the web – or to use this discount code – due to the infamous "Error Code 1025".

I wonder when Microsoft is going to fix the problem.

15. Matt Hester says:

Thank everyone for the feedback on Error Code 1025. I have some news on the issue, but verifying if I can post it publicly.  In the meantime send me a direct email and I will make sure you get taken care of.  Thank you everyone for your patience.

16. DennisA says:

The promo code worked for me – Thanks!!

Here’s one thought for those having problems placing their order: If you copy/paste the promo code from this web page, it can include a leading or trailing space. This could (possibly) be read as an incorrect promo code.  The solution: manually type it in, or – after you paste the code, edit it to remove any extra spaces. Verify. Shake well. Enjoy!

(Thanks again!)

17. Joshua B says:

May 1, 2010: I was able to purchase a subscription and use the 25% off coupon code. It went smoothly.

18. Troy says:

For someone who needs a copy of Office Ultimate 2010, this seems much cheaper then buying the $500 package.  Am I missing anything?

19. Joe says:

Well, for one, you can’t use it for business purposes.  Its for evaluation purposes not production.

20. Daniel Amsler says:

But what does "evaluation purposes" mean?  That phrasing is so vague you could arguably "evaluate" the software for years after the initial subscription expires (though having access to the "latest and greatest" tempts me to sign up and stay signed up…)

21. David says:

Daniel, Microsoft is pretty clear about the "time limit" nature of evaluation:

"A TechNet Plus subscription is the ultimate resource for IT professionals. TechNet Plus provides convenient access to full-version Microsoft evaluation software—without time limits!"

Once you download and install the softwares on your personal machine(s), the licenses do not lapse after any given period of time.

22. William Carneal says:

Thanks, Matt!  I, too, read about this on the Supersite and the discount made up my mind.  Since I did have problems with the online ordering process, I placed my order over the phone on a Friday.  I was told it could take 3 business days to get my welcome email, but I actually got it on Monday (1 business day).

23. Ed McKiver says:

Will you be announcing a discount code for the MS TechNet Subscription Standard.  The code for the Professional version prior to this announcement doesn't seem to work for the new Standard offering for new subscriptions.

Thanks.

Ed

24. Matt Hester says:

Yes, we will hopefully have new codes, however TNITQ406 still works until 6-30-2010

25. Umapathyxp says:

I checked the promotion code by choosing my country as Sri Lanka and this code is not working. Site is saying " We're sorry, the following error(s) have occurred:

The promotion code entered is no longer valid. If you have another promotion code, please enter it here."

26. Simcha says:

Alas, this code does NOT work for the new TechNet Subscription Standard.

Any idea if any codes are going to be release for this product?

27. Mike says:

Hey Matt…Thanks for sharing this info with everyone!

I ping'd you through the email link on the left.  I can't get the promo code to work either.

Is it better to call and order over the phone?  Should we mention your name if we do?

Thanks!

28. Matt Hester says:

Update, the code is used for TechNet Professional.  The TechNet Plus Direct is now TechNet Subscription PROFESSIONAL, not Standard.  This offer is still only valid in the US.

29. EL in the ATL says:

Matt is there a discount code for the $199 basic package?

30. Matt Hester says:

Good afternoon everyone, I wanted to let you know the program will continue, the discount will be for the professional subscription only, the details are here: blogs.technet.com/…/hot-off-the-presses-still-going-save-25-withtnitq406-until-10-31-2010.aspx

31. Mountiemuscle says:

Hey there…any new promotion codes for Aug/Sep?  Want to purchase a new subscription to TechNet and always interested in saving a few bucks !

Thanks

K.

32. Matt Hester says:

Yes there is a new code here: blogs.technet.com/…/hot-off-the-presses-still-going-save-25-withtnitq406-until-10-31-2010.aspx

33. TB says:

Any discount for the Australians? Does it really matter if the subscription is from US or the country I live in, given that you are not getting the DVDs anyway?

34. Matt Hester says:

There is a code for outside the US.  TNWNF.  This is a global promo code that will give you 25% off a TechNet Professional subscription.  Expires Oct 31, 2010.