DeVore, is the only learning center between New York and Chicago offering this course. The cost for this 2 day class is $780 and we would allow company discounts for groups of four or more students. The course will be offered at DeVore Technologies corporate headquarters located in Beachwood, Ohio. Attendees can be assured of the same high-quality learning environment offered in DeVore’s technical courses including expert instructors, the highest quality course materials, and state-of-the-art hardware and software. Our Instructor is a Quailed Microsoft Certified Trainer with years of extensive Project Management training experience and DeVore is a Microsoft Gold Partner in Learning Solutions.
About this Course
This two-day course delivers the fundamental scheduling skills that you need to manage projects successfully with Microsoft Office Project 2007, and prepares you for the Managing Enterprise Projects using Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 course. Mastering the Microsoft Project scheduling engine is the key to enjoying your work with the software. This course shows you how to drive the tool through each stage of the project management life cycle and offers multiple best practices for using the software while defining, planning, executing, and closing a project. This course also teaches you how to use all of the new features included in the software. Framed around PMI’s project life cycle, the course content is methodology-agnostic and focuses on hands-on learning methods.
Everyone who manages projects using Microsoft Office Project 2007 should take this course, whether in an enterprise or desktop-only environment. This course targets the needs of fulltime project managers, as well as those who function as project schedulers or project support technicians. For those who need to take and pass the Microsoft 70-632 certification exam, this course is vital!
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the stages of the project management process.
- Understand the Microsoft Project user interface.
- Understand the Microsoft Project Data Model as it relates to Views, Tables, Filters, and Groups.
- Define a new project.
- Perform all required task planning and understand how to use task dependencies and task constraints properly.
- Add resources to a project and assign resources to tasks.
- Save a baseline for a project.
- Enter task progress using three different methods of tracking progress.
- Analyze project variance.
- Create custom Views, Tables, Filters, and Groups.
- Revise a project based on project variance.
- Change a project based on change control methodologies and rebaseline the project using multiple methods.
- Report on project progress by printing Views and Reports, and by using Visual Reports with Microsoft Office Excel and Visio.
- Close a project.
Register for the course here: Course 50268 – Establishing a Project Management Foundation using MS Project 2007
DeVore Technologies is a leading provider of training and development to IT and business professionals working in the public and private sectors. The company develops, markets and delivers a broad portfolio of instructor-led courses focused on desktop applications, web and graphic design, project management, management and business skills, programming languages, and databases and reporting.
For more information about DeVore Technologies products and services, call 440-232-3846, or visit our website at www.devore.com .