As we draw closer to Super Bowl 44, I have to go back and take a look at my 5 bold predictions for 2009. I actually got better, and I look forward to having an even better next year. So how did I do:
2 out of 5 NOT BAD, considering last year!
- Chris ‘Beanie’ Wells will win Rookie of the Year. Now my crystal ball is a little hazy, and might be a little OSU biased, so it may just be Offensive Rookie of the Year. I go to see a couple of the replays on the games and if he stays healthy could help Arizona a bunch this year!
Result: .25 While he had a solid year, leading the cardinals in rushing yards, and had a good playoff game. With 176 carries with 793 yards (4.5/carry) with 7 TD’s. Although he was hurt and had fumbling problems early, still a solid year considering he split time with Tim Hightower. Not too mention Arizona did make the playoffs again, and he was solid. However, Percy Harvin was the run away winner, although I think Michael Oher was just as deserving.
- NFC North in the Super Bowl, probably the Vikings (Sorry honey). I think a team from the NFC North will be in the Super Bowl, with one exception the Lions, sorry! When you look at Minnesota and Green Bay, they both have great running games although with AP and ole #4 in Minnesota the Vikings have the edge. You also cannot count out the Bears either, Cutler will be a difference maker.
Result: .75 I was SOOOOO close on this one, and I even had 2 of the playoff teams in the NFC.
- By game 6 QB Trent Edwards will regret having a certain receiver from the cowboys on the team. The bills will not even make the playoffs and I am certain someone will not be happy and may even move to Canada, sorry Rodney. 🙂
Result: 1.25 I think he actually started being himself around game 3 and just recently he came out and said he would be as good as Jerry Rice if he had the quarterbacks he had. Correct me if I am wrong, didn’t he play with Jerry Rice and one of those QB’s? That is why I get the extra bonus.
- Oakland Raiders will not win 4 games. I would not be surprised to even if this team goes winless, however they do play the Bengals so that is at least 1 win. :-) This team has no chemistry and loads of unproven speed and talent, just I do not see them restoring the silver and black attack.
Result: .75 Okay I was off by 1 game the Raiders went 5-11. Still good prediction.
- Browns are going to win the Super Bowl! Yeah I know I made this prediction last year and we finished last in the division and we had a 4-6 record. Again I think we the stars can align and miracles have been known to happen in Cleveland! I feel Brady Quinn will have a lot to prove and will do so. I think we are poised to have a much better year. Heck, I will even settle for beating the Steelers at least once this year. GO BROWNS!