5 Bold Predictions for the NFL 2008!

nfl-logoOkay, after the whole Brett Farve saga, and Green Bay I think you made a huge mistake! I decided to write a fun post for Friday, my 5 bold predictions for the NFL this year.  They have come from much thought and debate.  (BTW I also made a new category, football) So here are my 5 predictions:

1. Aaron Rodgers is in for a long year as are the Packer fans.  If Aaron was cracking he was under pressure (which he was) with the whole Brett Farve ordeal, he has not seen anything yet.  wait until he starts playing.  When he has a bad game how will he be then?  You think the pressure is big now, wait until the fans remind him he is not Brett.  Take heart Packer Fans, you will still make the playoffs, great defense and weak division will get you there!

2. Giants will not even make the playoffs.  When you look at what made them it great, and no it was not Eli.  What was it, defense and with the lose of Strahan, and the tough division they are in for a long season.

3. Stephen Jackson, will pull a Barry Sanders and the St. Louis Ram running back will not even play this season.  The only way that he will play is if the Ram’s meet his demands and I do not think that will happen.  Although I think his Barry Sanders impersonation will only last one season, I do not expect him to be on the field.

4. Cowboys are going lose in the playoffs again.  Sorry Romo, you are going to cruise through the regular session and probably win the NFC east (again weak division), but once again, no wins in the playoffs.  Look for a lot of fun off season questions.

5. Browns are going to win the Super Bowl.  This is my boldest prediction, and mark my words if they win the division, they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.  The team is young, hungry, and loaded with talent.  However, they are  in a tough division and have a tough out of division schedule.

This will be a great year in the NFL, and no I will not get used to seeing Farve in a Jets uniform!

Feel free to fire away at my predictions, what else are you going to do on a Friday.  🙂

1. Chris Haaker says:

Did you watch the pre-season game last night? Had it in the bag and the Jets came back and beat them down … I say let Brady play!!

2. Kevin Devine says:

The Browns!?!  Are you on crack?  I have lived in the Cleveland area for 31 years (my whole life), the Indians, Browns, and Cavs will not win a championship in my lifetime and I am willing to bet on it.  Seriously, you can email kdevine at yahoo if they win and I’ll Paypal you $100…

3. Asuka says:

I think New England will win the superbowl again

4. Keith Combs says:

Matt, have we mentioned you suck lately?

5. Matt Hester says:

Ah come on Kevin, you have to admit the Browns this year are a legit contender.  Even with our no "QB" controversy.    I would like to see Brady get a chance, but Anderson will have to fail big time for that to happen.  I have always like Brady, and I hope we keep him around for years.

As for the Pat’s, I just can’t root for them, so I hope they lose all the time.  🙂

And Yes Keith you have mentioned that lately.

Go Browns!

6. Playoffs?!? Playoffs! says:

"What’s that? Uh — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!"

I think the Browns can make the playoffs.  All Cleveland teams can make the playoffs and perhaps this year the Browns make it to the Super Bowl…  But, winning the championship, I think not…

7. Matt Hester says:

Have Faith Mr. Playoffs, Have Faith!!!!

Go Browns!

8. paul says:

so the NFC East is a weak division?  Do you recall a year ago when 0 teams were under .500?  Both wild cards were from the NFC, including the super bowl winner?  Eagles upgraded in many areas and Donovan is healthier.  Dallas had no major subtractions and is a universal favorite.  The giants lost strahan, but are returning 19 of the 22 SB starters and most of the team is in the absolute prime of their careers.  Washington has a tough defense and a young QB who is a year older.  Not only is this division not weak, it is unquestionably the best division in football.

9. Dan_IT says:

#2 Giants….and the tough division….

#4 Cowboys…(weak division)…

Arent they the same division?

10. Matt Hester says:

Hey I said they were bold not consistent.  To clarify and the Giants did look good last night.  I just see that Dallas will win the division, and they seem to do that handily every year.  Hence weak division, Giants seem to get beat in the division overall.

I do not put a lot of stock in over 500 for the year, because when you look all the teams and close wins, does it really tell the story of the division.

I think the AFC North is the toughest division when you look at the 4 teams.  Not mention the browns went 10-6 last year and missed the playoffs.

11. Justin-WA says:

So far your 0 for 1 in predictions.  But nobody is perfect.  Is Dallas choking in the playoffs again a prediction or common knowledge. Aaron Rodgers will struggle as will the packers which on paper did not look as good as their season last year came out to be. That is the best bold prediction I have ever heard and its exciting to imagine.  It reminds me of an old Jets team.  And those poor giants no team could afford what they have lost before the opening kickoff.  I believe the NFC wins it all again.

12. johnson says:

Man could you be more wrong…..if i were a betting man and picked the opposite of everything you said i would have made a killing

-NFC East is weak- hahah