Congratulations to the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Team! They just launched the third-generation of the agent-less infrastructure assessment platform called Microsoft Assessment and Planning Solution Accelerator 3.0 (or simply MAP). MAP is a powerful inventory, assessment, and reporting tool that can securely run in small or large IT environments without requiring the installation of agent software on any computers or devices. The data and analysis provided by the tool makes it easy for you to assess your current IT infrastructure and determine the right Microsoft technologies for your IT needs.
Assessments can be completed on the following Windows platforms:
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP® Professional
- Windows Server 2003™ or Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows 2000 Professional or Windows 2000 Server
- Windows Server 2008
In addition to those the new tool can generate the following assessment reports and proposals for server and desktop OS migration as well as virtualization projects.
- Windows Vista SP1 OS migration
- Microsoft Office 2007 assessment
- Windows Server 2008 migration
- Server Virtualization candidacy report
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (formerly SoftGrid)
To learn more about MAP take a look at the full article here: