Are you a TechNet Subscriber…Do you want to be one, I can save you $100!

This is not spam, this is a great offer from corporate.  So if you are looking at buying a TechNet subscription you can save a $100, it is as simple as using the following promotion code when you go to buy your subscription:

TMSAM09

Click here to get your TechNet Subscription:

Purchase a TechNet Subscription

Then just enter the Promotion Code:  TMSAM09

If you have not checked out what you get with a TechNet Subscription here are a few of the benefits:

• Full-version software licensed for evaluation purposes; includes Microsoft operating systems, servers, and Office System software as well as Beta software: pre-release versions of Microsoft software to keep up to date on the latest technologies.
  • Two (2) complimentary technical support incidents and a 20% discount on additional phone support incidents you purchase.

And of course you still get the TechNet Library containing the Microsoft Knowledge Base, security updates, service packs resource kits, utilities, technical training, and product documentation to keep your systems and IT skills up to date!!!!

Some details about the offer:

This promo code is only for new subscriptions, so I am sorry for folks that already have a subscription this cannot be used for renewals.  We  brought this up and I wish I had a better answer for you.  Now you may see this offer on some of my teammates blogs all I ask is ignore them  :-).  We are having a bit of a contest so we each have individual codes, and all I ask to do is to please use my code: TMSAM09

So go get your TechNet Subscription today, and remember use the promotion code: TMSAM09 to save $100!!!!!!!!

This promotion ends MAY 31st, 2008, and is only available in the US. [UPDATE: NOTE THE CORRECTION, THE EXPIRATION DATE IS MAY 31st, 2008]

1. Bas says:

Is this also possible from europe? Since i’m looking for the direct download version there is no difference for me where i purchase it..

But i can’t find a code for europe and with the dollar/euro it’s more then twice as expensive.

2. Matt Hester says:

Unfortunately this offer is U.S. only.  I will forward on your request to see if we can get this offered opened up worldwide.

3. Bas says:

Btw, if so i can imagine you would definately win the little contest 🙂 Probably a lot of people here that would at least like to try for that price…

4. Bas says:

5. Bas says:

And one more question, if i would get a subscription with payment through an american friend, would my european IP# interfere when downloading?

6. Brian S. says:

Thank you for the sub discount Matt.

7. Matt Hester says:

While I am not willing to say that is totally legit, and still checking, it would be something to look into.  We have given a lot of feedback about making this internaltional and it all has to do with the different groups that run the technet program in different areas of the world.

8. Eric Stelter says:

I am not sure of the standard TechNet Plus direct price, if it is $249.00 then the promo code discount did not work… there was no line item "discount" printed on the final invoice. Regardless, $249 is still very reasonable.

9. Matt Hester says:

Good morning Eric,

$249 is actually the discounted price, they are normally $349.  I agree as for reasonable when you look at the cost of a support call is $250 and you get two with the subscription.

10. kristy foster says:

I attended TechED 2006 in boston they had a 50% off technet plus discount code, (but it was only active 10days and I had to actually go to the technet booth at teched to get the code) and I had to sign up as a new account.

if anyone is attending teched in spain (europe) right now (11/05 – 11/16/07) you should have a least a 30% off code. please post it here (this may only apply to europe not USA)

11. Matt Hester says:

Thanks for the info Kristy and thank you for all the plugs on this blog.  The program is going really well!  Look for some exciting announcements about this program in the near future!

12. Brent Case says:

I just bought a new subscription for TechNet Plus Single User – English DVD. It was $500. plus tax. Promo code didn’t work. I am disappointed in South Carolina.

13. Sean M. Peck says:

Great price, thanks!  For anyone in the industry, that is on the edge about purchasing, DO IT.  There is no better way to get to be the best at what you do other than HANDS-ON EXPERENCE, people.  With **Ware being a free product to have several OS’s and development platforms running on a single box, you can set-up your own network using literally a single core 2 duo box, with a decent amount of RAM.  If you have basic understanding of technology, this is YOUR CHANCE to get your feet wet in all the newest outstanding technologies that Redmond is turning out, for an infinite fraction of what each product would cost to license.

I have subscribed for a number of years on-and-off, and this tool has helped me get where I am today.  As for you people that are having udnertones about sneering about ‘Evaluation Only’ – don’t install this at a client, or at a friend’s house.  MICROSOFT IS EXTENDING US A VERY CHEAP WAY TO LEARN THEIR OS LINES, AND OPERATIONS MANAGER, ETC.   This is almost unheard-of given their pricing on MSDN and similar subscriptions in the THOUSANDS of dollars.  Don’t abuse it and force Microsoft to cancel or increase pricing on this program, or lock it down to the point where e                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                very time I make a new VM, I need to call and beg a call center rep.    You would be shooting me and a lot of others in the foot, so to speak.  Thank MS by honoring their terms.

talk to me at sean d()t peck (@t)  absolutech.com

14. Digilog says:

Dude!  Your the man.  $100 off for me!

15. Matt Hester says:

Your welcome Sean and Digilog, feel free to share the code with anyone you know!