Brett Johnson sent me a link to an interview between UC Stratergies.com and Christopher Thompson from Cisco.
Have a listen yourself here, some 'interesting points' mentioned during this interview. Will leave you to decide if you agree or not
- Click to Call - Chris was surprised people still talk about it
- Desktop phones should still be a considerable part of an organisations investment into Unified Communications
- PC is no longer the dominant device
- People don't tend to respond to email once they have read it on their 'blackberry'
- Microsoft Unified Communications depends on a PC. You need to embrace all elements of Microsoft UC otherwise it doesn't work
Other interesting points raised
- Millennials may be the first generation to grow up without fixed lines as standard in their homes
- Millennials communicate in a different way using presence and social networking as a means of communication