This post may be a little late since the resource kit was released last week, but better late than never.
The resource kit contains the SCOM 2007 R2 Authoring Console and several tool that enhance its functionality to help with authoring, development, maintenance, and reviewing of management packs. You can download the resource kit from the Microsoft Download Center.
The following tools have been included in the resource kit:
· Management Pack Best Practices Analyzer (MPBPA) – scans management packs for best practice violations and allows you to automatically fix a number of issues.
· Management Pack Spell Checker (MP Spell Checker) – helps you eliminate errors in display strings.
· Management Pack Visio Generator (MP Visio Generator) – generates a class inheritance and class relationship diagram using Microsoft Office Visio.
· Management Pack Diff (MP Diff) – compares two management packs and presents differences between them.
· Management Pack Cookdown Analyzer (MP Cookdown Analyzer) – identifies workflows which may break cook-down, and provides suggestions on how to fix performance issues.
· All References Add-in – helps find all references to the selected MP element.
· Workflow Analyzer – provides the ability to statically analyze all types of workflows.
· Workflow Simulator – provides the ability to test certain types of workflows such as discoveries, rules, and monitors without a Management Server and Management Group.