We are pleased to announce the next version of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit—version 6.0— is now available for download.
Planning your journey to the cloud just got easier. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 6.0 includes assessment capabilities to evaluate workloads for both public and private cloud platforms. With MAP 6.0, you now have the ability to identify workloads and estimate the infrastructure size and resources needed for both Windows Azure and Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track. Also, new to MAP 6.0, is an Office 365 client assessment, enhanced VMware inventory, and Oracle schema discovery and reporting. Expanded assessment and discovery capabilities from MAP help you simplify planning for your next migration project. Plan what’s next with MAP.
New features and benefits from MAP 6.0 release help you:
- · Analyze your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure Platform
- · Accelerate planning to private cloud with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track onboarding
- · Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory
- · Assess your client environment for Office 365 readiness
- · Determine readiness for migration to Windows Internet Explorer 9
- · Discover Oracle database schemas for migration to SQL Server
MAP works with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Security Compliance Manager to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies —easier, faster, and at less cost. Learn more.
- · Download MAP 6.0
- · Learn more about the MAP Toolkit.
- · Send your questions or comments to the MAP Team.
Get the latest tips from Microsoft Solution Accelerators—in 140 characters or less! Follow us on Twitter: @MSSolutionAccel.
Ana Bacioiu, Seniior Program Manager on the MAP team