We are pleased to announce the next version of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit—version 6.0— is now available for beta download. To participate, register for the MAP Toolkit 6.0 Beta at Microsoft Connect.
Planning your journey to the cloud just got a bit easier. The next release of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit—version 6.0 Beta—includes assessment capabilities to evaluate workloads for both public and private cloud platforms. With MAP 6.0 Beta, you now have the ability to identify workloads and estimate the infrastructure size and resources needed for both Windows Azure and Hyper-V Fast Track. Also new to MAP 6.0 Beta is the Office 365 client assessment, enhanced VMware inventory, and Oracle schema discovery and reporting. Expanded assessment and discovery capabilities from MAP help you streamline planning for your next migration project. Plan what’s next with MAP.
New features and benefits from MAP 6.0 Beta release help you:
- Analyze your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure Platform
- Accelerate planning to private cloud with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track onboarding
- Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory
- Assess your client environment for Office 365 readiness
- Determine readiness for migration to Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Discover Oracle database schemas for migration to SQL Server
MAP works with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Security Compliance Manager to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies —easier, faster, and at less cost. Learn more.
Tell us what you think! We hope you’ll take the time to influence the development of this new release. The MAP 6.0 Beta will run through mid-July 2011. Now is the time to join the beta program, preview this toolkit, and provide us with your feedback.
- Join the MAP Toolkit 6.0 Beta and tell us what you think
- Help us spread the word—share the beta invitation link with your friends
- Send your comments to the MAP Team
- Learn more about the MAP Toolkit
Get the latest tips from Microsoft Solution Accelerators—in 140 characters or less! Follow us on Twitter: @MSSolutionAccel.