Today, the Solution Accelerators Team is pleased to announce the release of the initial version of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit for IBM. This release, based on the MAP Toolkit platform, was developed by IBM at the IBM Center for Microsoft Technologies to help IT organizations deploy server virtualization hardware including IBM® System x® and BladeCenter® and Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtualization more quickly.
The MAP Toolkit is an integrated planning toolkit that makes it easier for Microsoft customers and partners to quickly identify what clients, servers, and network devices are in their IT environment. This agentless and scalable toolkit has the ability to discover all computers within Active Directory and workgroup environments. It performs key functions that include hardware, device, and software inventory, hardware compatibility analysis, virtualization readiness planning, and generation of actionable, environment-specific IT proposals for migration to most major Microsoft technologies.
- Quickly and easily take inventory of customer server environments, determine which servers are underutilized, and generate a plan for a virtual data center based on Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 Hyper-V™ software
- Recommend IBM® System x® and BladeCenter® servers as the ideal choice for customers’ virtualized environments
- Calculate potential savings and produce quantifiable benefits unique to each customer’s IT needs prior to deployment with Microsoft Virtualization ROI Calculator integration
- Eliminate manual network assessment and virtualization planning and help customers choose the right infrastructure the first time
- Auto-generate reports and proposals to speed the planning process.
Get MAP Toolkit Now
- Download the MAP Toolkit for IBM version (or learn more here)
- Download the MAP Toolkit (Generic Version)
- Get the Infrastructure Planning and Design guidance for Hyper-V virtualization