In support of the upcoming Windows Server 2008 R2 launch, Microsoft announced at the Worldwide Partner Conference 2009 this week the public release of Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides Series for Windows Server 2008 R2 – free best practice and guidance available to help Microsoft customers and partners accelerate their planning process of Windows Server 2008 R2 deployment projects.
The newly-released Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides for Windows Server 2008 R2 outline the critical infrastructure design elements that are crucial to a successful implementation of Windows Server 2008 R2. You will be guided through the multi-step process of designing components, layout, and connectivity in a logical, sequential order. Following the steps in these guides will result in a design that is sized, configured, and appropriately placed to deliver the stated business benefits, while also considering the performance, capacity, and fault tolerance of the system.
The following guides in the Infrastructure Planning and Design series have been updated to reflect new features and capabilities available in Windows Server 2008 R2:
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Internet Information Services 7.5 (IIS)
- File Services
- Print Services
Download the IPD Guides now and select a guide or guides from the “IPD Guides for Windows Server” section under the IPD One-click Downloads, listed on the bottom right of the page.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
- Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
- Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
- Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
- Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
Get IPD Guides now!
- Download these 4 new IPD guides now (or check out our Virtualization and System Center IPD Guides) – they are all free!
- Get other related Windows Server Solution Accelerators such as Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit and Offline VM Servicing Tool
Join the Beta
Additional Infrastructure Planning and Design guides are available as beta releases on the Connect Web site. They are open beta downloads. See below for instructions on how to access the beta guides. To join the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta, follow these steps:
- Visit the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta at http://connect.microsoft.com.
- Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID to continue to the Invitations page.
- Scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design.
If you have not previously registered with Microsoft Connect, you might be required to register before continuing with the invitation process. If the link in step 1 does not work for you, copy the link and paste it into the Web browser address bar.
We appreciate your comments and feedback; please send mail to email@example.com.