I often ran into customers and partners who wish they could have spent LESS time on deployment planning and deploy faster and start benefitting from the value of the software earlier. Picking the right technologies like server, desktop, and application virtualization could seem daunting at times to some. Fortunately, help is on the way from a team called Microsoft Solution Accelerators Team.
Consider using three of the top Microsoft planning tools and you're well on your way to a more cost-effective, agile and optimized server and desktop infrastructure:
- Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides for Windows Server, Virtualization, System Center, SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Online Services, and other infrastructures:
- Use this series of proven guidance to speed up and clarify your infrastructure design process as well as technology selection process
- Download or read more about this accelerator: IPD Blog Post or IPD TechNet Page
- Windows Optimized Desktop Scenario for Windows 7, App-V, MED-V, VDI, RDS, and more
- Use this set of proven guidance and selection tool to help you quickly map your desktop user requirements with the optimized desktop technologies that you need to enable a more optimized user experience
- Download or read more about this accelerator: WODS Blog Post or WODS TechNet Page
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V, App-V virtualization and more
- Use this assessment and planning tool to create an inventory of your desktop and server environment and get migration readiness report and recommendations in just a few hours for most cases.
- This toolkit can offer environment-specific recommendations for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 migration as well as Hyper-V projects.
- Download or read more about this accelerator: MAP Blog Post or MAP TechNet Page