The Microsoft Virtualization Solution Accelerators Team has recently released the latest Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for Windows Optimized Desktop Scenarios to help you with choosing the right desktop scenario for your IT organizations.
Here’s a snippet of what it is and where you can get a free download:
Organizations today face the challenge of maintaining rigorous controls over their computing environments while providing the power and flexibility users need to be productive. User and IT goals can sometimes appear to be in conflict. Optimizing the corporate desktop environment resolves this conflict by providing IT the manageability it requires while giving users the varying levels of power and flexibility they need.
The Solution Accelerators for Windows Optimized Desktop Scenarios relate the business requirements (IT and user) for a flexible, efficient, and managed desktop environment to sets of complementary Microsoft technologies by defining and using five standard user scenarios that map business requirements to technology solutions. These core scenarios are: Office Worker, Mobile Worker, Task Worker, Contract/Offshore Worker, and workers who need to Access from Home.
Get the Downloads!
- Download this Solution Accelerator, Windows Optimized Desktop Scenarios which includes the following components:
- Windows Optimized Desktop Scenarios Assessment (a guide)
- Windows Optimized Desktop Scenario Selection Tool
- Download more FREE Virtualization Solution Accelerators for your IT projects
- Get other related Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides
Baldwin (Virtualization and Online Services Solution Accelerators)