As the year of 2008 draws to a close, I thought I would highlight the Top 10 Microsoft Tools (my personal favorites) that will help you save your precious IT dollars in 2009!
Some of these you know. However, there could be some that didn’t get onto your radar screen. So, check them out and you’ll be happy that you did. No more looking into the IT crystal ball – just use these tools and start saving! 🙂
- Hyper-V – Use this new hypervisor technology to consolidate under-utilized servers in your datacenters
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 – Use this management solution to manage Microsoft and VMware-based virtual machines
- App-V 4.5 – Leverage this technology to better manage your application conflicts and issues. Application management has never been so easy!
- Simple to Save site – Want to save IT costs for 2009? Use this tool to create good business case for your projects!
- Hyper-Green site – Find out how you can save the environment and go green with Hyper-V!
- Integrated Virtualization ROI Tool – Build a ROI/TCO business case for your next virtualization project with this free tool!
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit for Hyper-V and App-V virtualization – Run a free network-wide infrastructure assessment and see what servers and apps are good candidates for Hyper-V and App-V virtualization!! Download the MAP Toolkit for free here!
- Offline Virtual Machine Servicing Tool – Use this free tool to patch and service offline virtual machines.
- Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides for Virtualization – Design your server, desktop and virtualization infrastructure with Microsoft best practices.
- Environmental Sustainability site – Save the environment and save your plant with “green” Microsoft solutions and technologies
Happy Holidays and New Year of 2009!
Baldwin Ng (Sr. Product Manager, Microsoft Solution Accelerators)