In case you haven’t heard yet, the System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 (SCVMM) has just been released to manufacturing!
What does that mean to you? Well, basically, through the use of a single tool (i.e. SCVMM 2008), you can now manage over 90% of your virtual machines including those under Hyper-V, Virtual Server 2005, and yes, VMware ESX! Wow, how cool is that!! More importantly, you will also able to leverage other Microsoft products such as the rest of the System Center management tools and the mighty Windows Server 2008 OS platform and super-cool Hyper-V hypervisor technology.
Top 8 Virtualization Links from Microsoft
- Download SCVMM 2008 (trial copy)
- Download Hyper-V (trial copy)
- Download Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) for Hyper-V (determine virtualization candiates for FREE!)
- View video demo – how to determine virtualization candidates with MAP Toolkit
- Download Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides for Hyper-V and SCVMM
- Download Offline Virtual Machine Service Tool
- Get other Virtualization Solution Accelerators
- View Microsoft’s TechNet Virtualization TechCenter for IT professional resources
Baldwin Ng (Sr. Product Manager, Virtualization Solution Accelerators)