The Virtualization Solution Accelerators family now has a new member! Today, we are pleased to announce the release of the Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guide for App-V 4.5.
This guide provides you with key information to bring your infrastructure up to date, saving you time and money. Find out how App-V’s HTTP streaming of virtual applications from an IIS server will impact your performance and scalability decisions. Using App-V 4.5 with its many new features to strategically plan your application virtualization infrastructure can help you avoid problems before they begin, allowing you to serve your customers more accurately and reliably.
Use these guides to determine the scope of the services to be provided and choose to partially or completely redesign your infrastructure. Have confidence in knowing that the steps in each phase are described in detail and that the necessary tools are provided to manage the process.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
- Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
- Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
- Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
- Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
So, why wait? Download the latest IPD guides and other Virtualization Solution Accelerators and start planning. It's time to get virtual!
- Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides (including the new App-V guide, Hyper-V guide and more)
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.1 for Hyper-V and App-V (32-bit) or click here for 64-bit version of MAP
- Offline Virtual Machine Servicing Tool
- Windows Server 2008 Security Guide
- More Virtualization Solution Accelerators
Baldwin Ng (Sr. Product Manager, Virtualization Solution Accelerators)