On September 8, 2008, over 1,000 Microsoft customers attended the Virtualization launch of Microsoft virtualization products including Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V), Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services, and System Center Virtual Machine Manager. To learn more about yesterday’s announcements, please visit this PressPass site: http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/press/2008/sep08/09-07GetVirtualNowPR.mspx
Whether you are interested in lowering datacenter operations costs, reducing carbon footprint, or building IT operations with business continuity and high availability in mind, Microsoft has an extensive set of virtualization technologies and solutions for you to take advantage of!
So, how can you get started with virtualization today?
- Learn more about the business benefits of Microsoft’s virtualization technologies at the getVIRTUALnow site and sign up to attend local launch events
- Read more about the technical features of each virtualization product at the TechNet Virtualization Solution Center site
- Start planning your virtualization projects with Virtualization Solution Accelerators:
- Identify virtualization candidates within your datacenter and desktop infrastructure with Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit (download MAP Toolkit for free)
- Guide your virtualization planning and design with Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides (download IPD guides for free)
- Secure your infrequently patched offline virtual machines with Offline Virtual Machine Servicing Tool (download Offline VM Servicing Tool for free)
- Check out other Virtualization Solution Accelerators
Stay tuned for Part 2 of this blog series where I will cover how our customers are leveraging Hyper-V today to improve agility and lower costs for their organizations.
Baldwin Ng – Sr. Product Manager, Virtualization Solution Accelerators