Reporting live from the Worldwide Partner Conference 2008 (Houston, Texas) - I am pleased to announce the launch of 3 brand new Virtualization Solution Accelerators from Microsoft. Solution Accelerators are free tools and technical guidance that are made available to Microsoft partners and customers to help accelerate IT planning, delivery, and on-going operations.
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.1 Release for Hyper-V
- The MAP Toolkit now sports new features such as the much-anticipated Hyper-V server virtualization candidates assessment. Download this tool to look for business opportunities across multiple sites. It's time to learn how to quickly consolidate their datacenter servers, go green, and reap the power cooling and energy savings today!
- Other new features in this release include SQL server inventory for migration to SQL 2008 plus Desktop Security Center Assessment
- Download URL: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=67240b76-3148-4e49-943d-4d9ea7f77730&DisplayLang=en
Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for SCVMM 2008
Essential guide for you to learn more about how to make the right design choices for a SCVMM deployment.
Download URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=100915
Offline Virtual Machine Servicing Tool
Patch your offline virtual machines (VMs) from the library and reduce downtime.
- Download URL: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8408ecf5-7afe-47ec-a697-eb433027df73&DisplayLang=en
Check out LIVE Video Interview (courtesy of VARVID.com) below:
Baldwin Ng (Sr. Product Manager, Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit + Virtualization Solution Accelerators)