For those following our Blog and working with System Center Operations Manager 2012 Operations Manager:
Visual Studio Authoring Extensions supporting latest versions of Visual Studio are now finally available!
You can get them here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30169
The System Center 2012 Visual Studio Authoring Extensions—VSAE—is an add-in for Visual Studio which provides Lifecycle Management Tools to support Management Pack Authoring.
VS Projects for Monitoring MPs, System Center 2012 and later MPs including Operations Manager and Service Manager.
MP Item Templates for quick creation of MP Items.
- XML MP Item Templates (generates MP XML for editing).
- Template Group Item Templates (Abstract your intent from MP XML).
Snippet Templates (generates MP XML from CSV)
IntelliSense for MP XML for the following versions:
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
- System Center Operations Manager 2012 and later
System Center Service Manager 2012 and later
Integrates into Visual Studio Project System with *.mpproj.
- Enables building within VS & MSBuild.
- Supports custom build tasks (simply edit *.mpproj or *.sln)
- Build multiple MPs (multiple *.mpproj) in a solution.
Integrates into any VS supported Source Control systems.
MP Navigation Features
- Management Pack Browser for browsing MP Items.
- Go to Definition
Find All References
ResKit Tools integrated
- Workflow Simulator
- Generate Visio Diagram
- MP Best Practice Analyzer
- MP Spell Checker
- MP Cookdown Analyzer
Supported Operating Systems
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1
Other Software: Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013