Windows 8 upgrade promo for Windows 7 only
You can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro with a special offer now!
The offer is for customers (e.g. Home users, students, and enthusiasts) who purchase a qualified PC. A qualified PC is a new PC purchased during the promotional period with a valid Windows 7 OEM Certificate of Authenticity and product key for, and preinstalled with:
- Windows 7 Home Basic;
- Windows 7 Home Premium;
- Windows 7 Professional; or
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
The promotional price is limited to one upgrade offer per PC purchased, and a maximum limit of five upgrade offers per customer.
You must purchase a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 to be eligible for this offer. The last day to register and order your Windows 8 upgrade is February 28, 2013.
- Eligible customers must register for the Windows Upgrade Offer through this website by February 28, 2013.
- After customer registration and Microsoft validation, customers will receive a registration confirmation email.
- Upon the General Availability (GA) and release of Windows 8, customers will receive an email with a promotion code and instructions for purchasing and downloading the software. The promotion code will be redeemed during the upgrade ordering process to receive the promotional price.
- Customers will be able to purchase a downloadable version of Windows 8 Pro. An optional installation DVD is available for an additional fee, plus shipping and any applicable taxes or duties. Customers can also choose to create their own installation media on DVD or USB media after downloading Windows 8.
This offer requires internet connectivity for registering and ordering. Note: telephone or other access charges may apply.
For more details about this Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer, click here.
Windows 8 upgrade promo for Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ Windows 7
If your PC is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 you will qualify to download an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 in 131 markets. And if you want, you can add Windows Media Center for free through the “add features” option within Windows 8 Pro after your upgrade.
When you use Windows.com to purchase an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro, the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant makes upgrading simple by walking you through the upgrade process step-by-step from purchase to download and then of course installation.
We have simplified the Windows upgrade experience with the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant which supports you during your upgrade with everything from selecting your language to pausing your download to built-in compatibility checks - it’s seamless. And if you’re an enthusiast you will have the flexibility to download and control how you upgrade.
If you prefer to shop at a local store, a packaged DVD version of the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro will be available for $69.99 during this promotion.
This upgrade promotion for Windows 8 Pro both online and at retail runs through January 31st, 2013.
For more details about Windows 8 Pro upgrade for Windows XP/Vista/ Windows 7, click here.
What's the differrence between thess 2 promo?
Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for:-
Windows 7 Only
Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
Validity: You must purchase a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 to be eligible for this offer. The last day to register and order your Windows 8 upgrade is February 28, 2013.
Validity: This upgrade promotion for Windows 8 Pro both online and at retail runs through January 31, 2013.
Want to know more about Windows 8 edition? Click here.