Get Live, Step-by-Step Guidance from Microsoft Experts
This post is authored by Matthew Calder, Senior Content Developer at Microsoft.
Join us on Microsoft Virtual Academy on Tuesday December 6th 2016, from 9AM – 4PM Pacific, for an exciting look at the Cortana Intelligence Suite (CIS), and end your day with a fully working intelligent web app!
The “Cortana Intelligence Suite End to End” session will be taught by Microsoft Architects Todd Kitta and Jin Cho, and promises a hands-on day with the platform. During the workshop, you’ll learn how to architect solutions in the Suite and weave intelligence into your apps. We’ll look at the “What” and “Why” of CIS in an overview keynote and then explore key platform components such as Azure ML, Azure Data Factory, HDInsight Spark and Power BI, as we build the app. The instructors will talk about the Open Source capabilities of the Suite, walk you through an ML model, show you how to set up an Azure Data Factory pipeline, and much more.
What’s more, Jin and Todd will pace their instruction to give you plenty of time to work through the project and ask questions. To best follow along with them, be sure to set up a free trial subscription to Microsoft Azure prior to the event.
- Analytics State of the Union + Cortana Intelligence Suite overview keynote.
- Building a Machine Learning Model and Operationalizing.
- Setting up Azure Data Factory.
- Developing a Data Factory Pipeline for Data Movement.
- Operationalizing Machine Learning Scoring with Azure Machine Learning and Data Factory.
- Summarizing Data Using HDInsight Spark.
- Visualizing Spark Data in Power BI.
- Deploying an Intelligent Web App.
- Wrap-up and Cleanup of Azure Resources.
Date December 6, 2015
Time 9AM – 4PM Pacific
Where Live, online virtual classroom
Whether you’re a Data Professional, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, or Developer looking to incorporate intelligence into your applications, use this opportunity to enhance your industry know-how, learn what’s possible with the Cortana Intelligence Suite and get all your questions answered.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving break, and we’ll see you in our virtual classroom in early December!