Dynamics 365 for Marketing
Growing businesses need more than basic email marketing tools to turn their prospects into business relationships.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Marketing is available in public preview for organizations seeking a marketing automation solution that tightly integrates with your CRM system to allow transfer of lead information seamlessly between marketing and sales, ensuring you present the right messages at the right time and guide leads to the next best action.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Marketing is designed to help you nurture more sales-ready leads, align sales and marketing and make smarter decisions. Most importantly, Dynamics 365 for Marketing works together with Dynamics 365 for Sales on the same platform which aligns teams with common data, connected processes and Office 365 collaboration tools.
With Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Marketing, you can seamlessly:
- Generate more leads from multi-channel campaigns across email, landing pages, webinars, phone calls, in person events, LinkedIn and more. New customizable templates for emails and landing pages help you create campaign content quickly. And with a dedicated email marketing service, you can get the word out reliably
- Nurture more sales-ready leads by personalizing the buyer’s journey that guides your leads to next best experience based on their engagement
- Target the right audience using embedded intelligence capabilities like dynamic segmentation. With multiple lead scoring models you can prioritize the leads that are ready to buy. Automated insights can help you track how your leads are engaging during your campaigns
- Organize events with ease using the event portal to manage in-person events and integration with webinar providers
- Track and improve marketing performance using built-in dashboards. Run surveys from the application that help you better understand your customers
How to Create a Trial
Open a browser in private/incognito mode, navigate to http://trials.dynamics.com (1) and click Sign up here (2) to display the Are you a partner or Microsoft employee? dialog
In the Are you a partner or Microsoft employee? dialog click No, continue to sign up (1) to display the Welcome, let's get to know you dialog
In the Welcome, let's get to know you dialog fill in the information and click Next (1) to display the Create your user ID dialog
In the Create your user ID dialog fill in the information and click Create my account (1) to display the Save this info. You'll need it later dialog
In the Save this info. You'll need it later dialog click Set up to display the Let's get your free 30-day trial set up page
On the Let's get your free 30-day trial set up page check off the Sales app(1) and then click Complete Setup (2) to setup your Dynamics 365 tenant with a Sales app
The tenant is setup with a Sales app.
Please note that the tenant is created with a production org named after the domain name you chose during setup. When you add the Marketing later (see below), a new PREVIEW org will be created in the tenant. This PREVIEW org will typically have the name of your production org with the number 1 (or zero) appended, and include a sales app as well as the marketing app. It's that org you will work with (the production org is redundant)
Open a new tab in your browser, navigate to https://trials.dynamics.com/Dynamics365/Preview/Marketing (1) to go to the Dynamics Public Preview page
Dynamics 365 will check to verify that you have a Dynamics 365 tenant - which you do if you followed along so far. You are presented with a No need to sign up message box, just click OK, got it to dismiss the message and initiate the set up
Setting up the Marketing app starts
Accept (1) the request for access to the portal service, CRM aso neeeded by Dynamics 365 for Marketing to display the Welcome to Dynamics 365 for Marketing Setup dialog
In the Welcome to Dynamics 365 for Marketing Setup dialog you can learn more about the First time setup (1) and/or click Continue (2) to begin the first time setup of Dynamics 365 for Marketing
If you took a time-out at this point and revisited the list of instances/orgs in your tenant you would notice the PREVIEW org has been added to the tenant, and more importantly - this PREVIEW org is preprovisioned with a bunch of solutions needed for the marketing app
In the Dynamics 365 for Marketing Setup page (wizard) you'll go through five steps before setup can complete.
- Select an organisation
- Accept Dynamics 365 for Customer Insights
- Specify a Portal
- Specify a Physical Sender Address
- Accept Voice of the Customer
In the Organization Selector step make sure the PREVIEW organisation is selected (1), accept the disclaimers (2) and click Continue (3) to advance to the Dynamics 365 for Customer Insights step
In the Dynamics 365 for Customer Insights step accept the disclaimers (2) and click Continue (3) to advance to the Portal step
In the Portal step type a name for your portal (1), click Begin Setup (2) to setup a new portal and advance to the Marketing Email step
In the Marketing Email step type your physical sender address (1), and then click Continue (2) to advance to the Survey step
[text] In the Survey step type check the check box (1) to display the request for access display box
Click Accept (2) to close the display box, and then click Begin Setup (2) to advance to the Summary step
Wait for the steps to complete
When the steps are complete click your application (1) to go to the new marketing app (org)
In the Welcome to Dynamics 365 for Marketing page click Take me to the App (1)
To navigate to the associated Sales app click the down arrow (1) and then click Dynamics 365 - custom (2)
The Sales app has sample contacts in it (remember - the Sales app and the Marketing app shares the same database - you can create segments off of these contacts) - see this blog post for more "Try Dynamics 365 for Marketing"
This blog post is part of a five posts series to help you get started with Dynamics 365 for Marketing
- How to Create a Dynamics 365 for Marketing Trial (1/5) - link
- Try Dynamics 365 for Marketing (2/5) - link
- How to Create Landing Pages in the new Dynamics 365 for Marketing (3/5) - link
- Interactive Customer Journeys in Dynamics 365 for Marketing (4/5) - link
- Lead Scoring in Dynamics 365 for Marketing (5/5) - link
- Dynamics 365 for Marketing Help and Training - link