So you've built a Voice of the Customer Survey in one of your Dynamics 365 tenants, and now you would like to use that survey as a starting point for a new survey in another Dynamics 365 tenant.
How can that be done? Can you export a survey and import it into another tenant? I've seen that question asked more than once in various communities.
And the answer is yes - it can be done.
- In your exisiting survey navigate to the NOTES section and save two attached XML files to disk
- Log into your other tenant and navigate to Settings -> Voice of the Customer -> Voice of the Customer Imports
- Paste the xml from the saved survey into the corresponding field
- Delete the translations.xml file and replace it with the translation.xml file from disk
In my example I have an existing (published) survey called "FLS Supplier Self Rating". Under the NOTES section I find two automatically created notes, each with an attached file
- Survey stored FLS Supplier Self Rating.xml
I save those two XML files to disk.
I now log into my target tenant and navigate to Settings -> Voice of the Customer -> Voice of the Customer Imports
In the "New VoC Import" form I provide a name for my new VoC import (1) and click SAVE (2) to enable the Survey Xml To Import field
In the Survey Xml To Import field (1)....
I open the new survey...
I hope you will find good use of this little tip that can save you lots of time recreating surveys.
- Working with Survey and Question Responses in Dynamics 365 Workflows - link