In a previous blog post Virtual Entities I listed the steps to create a Virtual Entity.
To test a virtual entity you can
- Create a Dynamics 365 free trial
- Download and import the demo solution used in the above mentioned blog post
Please go here to get the link to the trial page and download the solution: link
A note on the data provider
A virtual entity type is associated with a virtual entity data provider.
Please note the following about the OData v4 Data Provider we ship with Dynamics 365:
- We’ll be updating the OData Provider semi-weekly out of band from other online updates
- It’s a solution installed by default
- Updates must be applied by managing the solutions installed for a particular instance in the admin center
- Status will be “Upgrade available” when there is something to install