Do you need to stay on top of the changes done to documents in a document library? No need to visit the document library every five minutes to see if anything changed – just set an alert for the library.
By default the delivery method for the alert is an email to the email address you use for logging into Office 365
In case you’d like the email to go to another email address, you’ll need to edit the “work e-mail” attribute in your User Profile found in your MySite
1. Open your Team Site, click your name at the top right and then click “My Profile”
2. Click “Edit My Profile” (under your picture)
3. Scroll down to the Contact Information section, and type the email address of your choice in the Work e-mail box
Unlocking the work e-mail attribute
By default the Work e-mail attribute is read-only for the users of SharePoint Online. However the SharePoint Administrator can allow users to edit the attribute.
1. Open the SharePoint Online Administration Center and click “Manage User Properties”
2. Scroll down to the Contact Information Section, hover over the area a little to the left of the reordering arrows in the Work e-mail row, click to tiny menu arrow and then click “Edit”
The new email address now listed in the Delivery Method section of the alert
And the alert now goes to the email address of my choice
- Users do not receive SharePoint Online alert notifications in Office 365
- Error when you create an alert in Microsoft SharePoint Online in Office 365 for enterprises: “You do not have an email address”