Sometimes you might find yourself in a situation without your own PC and you need to book an online meeting asap.
Microsoft Lync Online Web Scheduler is a web-based meeting scheduling and management tool for users who don’t have access to Microsoft Outlook, are on an operating system not based on Windows, or use Microsoft Lync 2010 Basic. With Lync Online Web Scheduler, you can create
- Schedule a new online Lync meeting
- List all existing Lync Server 2010 meetings that the you organized
- View and modify details of an existing meeting
- Delete an existing meeting
- Send an email invitation to meeting participants by using a configured SMTP mail server
- Join an existing conference.
Compared to the Conferencing Add-In for Microsoft Outlook, Lync Web Scheduler has the following limitations:
- Lync Web Scheduler does not support scheduling recurring meetings
- Lync Web Scheduler lists only meetings that were organized by the user. It does not list all meetings that the user is invited to.
- Meetings created using some other tool will not be editable using Lync Web Scheduler
- Meeting invitations that are generated by Lync Web Scheduler do not look exactly the same as those that are generated by the Conferencing Add-In for Outlook
- Lync Web Scheduler doesn’t interact with the calendaring server. Calendar updates happen only via email invitations
Joining a meeting
Your invitees will be able to join from the Lync client if licensed and installed - otherwise they can join from Lync Web App or Lync Attendee (supports computer audio and video). See client comparison here.