Lync Mobile update for Android phones: Rejoin and Conversation Continuum

Written by: Barak Manor

As we stated in our last Lync Mobile blog, we are not leaving Android behind. The new Lync for Android update is now available and will enhance the continuity of your communication experience. New features include the ability to quickly rejoin a Lync Meeting that you just left (or were disconnected from) and pick-up your conversations from where you last left them.

Rejoining a Lync Meeting with one simple click

Using Lync Mobile enables you to be fluid and flexible in your work – letting you join Lync Meetings while on the road, at the airport or at home with the family. We know that sometimes the cellular coverage is not as perfect as we want it to be, so now you need only touch once the ‘Rejoin’ button at the conversation history page (see below) and with one click you are in.

The new feature makes conferencing on Lync Mobile while on the go even simpler.

After voluntary disconnection

After involuntary disconnection

When being disconnecting from the conference due to a network problem, Lync detects when the network connection has been restored and it notifies you with a ‘Rejoin’ button on a yellow banner. This way you just need to wait and touch once to be back on the Lync Meeting.

Get back to your conversations exactly where you left

We’re all familiar with times when we want to continue a past conversation from the exact place we left it and with the same people we had it with. Now, from your conversation history view, you will be able to continue past conversations that you had on your mobile device exactly where you left off. It saves time explaining the topic of the conversation and looking for the other person/group in the contact tab.

This is how we believe a Lync Mobile client should be – simple, fluid and fast.

Original conversation

Pick-up where you left

In addition to the great new features I just introduced, the Lync team also improved the media and audio routing for the client. The work was mainly to support new devices and newer Android OS versions, in addition to the audio flow throughout the client (handset, speaker phone and headset).

We continue to invest in the Lync Mobile clients across platforms in order to meet the needs of our customers on the devices they use every day. I encourage you to go to Google Play and download the updated Lync Mobile client for Android.

Go Lync!

Barak

1. Lync Mobile update for Android phones: Rejoin and Conversation Continuum

2. Alex van Room says:

Does this new version also support the Android tablets yet?

3. Luis Ramos says:

I received the update this morning. But just noticed that Lync contacts sync has broke my contact app. I have to cancel contact sync on Lync to be able to use phone contact app. Has anyone has the same Problem?

4. Jon says:

Still no tablet version. Please fix this. The phone apk seems to work on tablets, so please at least allow available for tablet users in the Play store and make it easier for people.

5. Dennis says:

Hey, can you tell me, that the guest login feature will be able for android? I mean to go into a conference without having a Lync account. Thanks

6. alex says:

still have no feature for desktop sharing, when it can be available?

7. alex says:

still have no feature for desktop sharing, when it can be available?

8. Paul Slager says:

We need desktop sharing. Android phones are the number 1 used phones. I understand the latest and greatest on Windows phones because you are trying to sell them, but you are keeping up with apple? Really the big announcement is that people can rejoin meetings that’s all you got?

9. len says:

What about for Samsung galaxy note 3. Why does click to join meeting not work

10. danny says:

Lync 2013 for Android is still pretty much useless without the ability to view meeting content ….I might as well join the meeting by phone.

11. Shawn O'Connor says:

This new release won’t even make a connection attempt to my on-premise lync 2013 server. The lync connectivity analyser says I’m properly configured inside and out, and the 5.1 client connects without issue. Frustrating because all our phones got updated and now none of them work!

12. john a nilsen says:

I`m currently using sony xperia z and there are some issues using lync 2013.
    It works great for IM`s, but receiving calls can be a hazzle. I know that it is not listed as being compatible.
    I have just ordered a samsung galaxy S5, will it work better since the previous galaxy models are listed as being compatible?

13. samsung says:

waoooo very nice post

14. Eddie Lambert says:

are there any plans to allow a person to see what is being shared while using an Android

15. newbestmobiles says:

Does this app runs on the following handset, kindly help…http://newbestmobiles.com/htc-one-e8/

16. Steven says:

+1 Alex, this app is worthless to me without viewing shared screen support. why was this not the first feature implemented?

17. Clint says:

I cannot believe Screen sharing is not implemented yet for Android!!! I switched from Apple 4S to Samsung S6 as a company phone and now I wish I did not. At least I could use screen sharing on my 4S. Now I am forced to be stuck at my PC to use screen sharing,
    so I might as well take the audio through my PC instead of the phone. Come on Microsoft get with it!!!

18. sony xperia price says:

surpluss.in provides different smart phone like sony xperia phones and surplussonline is the best online shopping for the accessories in India.If any guys interested smartphone please visit this site.