Microsoft Lync 2010 Frequently Used Keyboard shortcuts

Below are the shortcut keys that can be used irrespective of which window has focus.

Table 1: Global Hotkeys

Shortcut key

Description

Windows Key + Q

Brings Lync main window to foreground

Windows Key + A

Accept an incoming toast invitation

Windows Key  + X

Declines toast invitation and change your status to ‘Do not disturb’

Windows Key + Esc

Decline toast invitation

Ctrl + Shift + Space

Sets focus on the application sharing toolbar

Ctrl + Alt + Space

Take back control when sharing your screen

Ctrl + Shift + S

Stop sharing your screen

Below are the shortcut keys that can be used on the main window when it is in foreground.

Table 2: Main Window Shortcuts

Shortcut key

Description

Ctrl + 1

Go to the contact list tab

Ctrl + 2

Go to the activity feeds tab

Ctrl + 3

Go to the conversation list tab

Ctrl + 4

Go to the phone tab

Alt + A

View all conversations when in conversation list tab

Alt + D

View missed conversations when in conversation list tab

Alt + C

View missed calls when in conversation list tab

Below are the shortcut keys that can be used on a conversation window when it is in foreground.

Table 3: Conversation  Window Shortcuts

Shortcut key

Description

Ctrl + W

Show/Hide IM area

Ctrl + R

Show/Hide participant list

Ctrl + Shift + Y

Show/Hide left region when sharing stage is visible

Alt + I

Invite a contact to an existing conversation

Ctrl + F

Send a file

Alt + P

Open a file received

Alt + C, Alt + D

Accept or decline an invitation to share, audio or video modalities

Ctrl + Shift + Enter

Start or end phone call

Ctrl + Shift + H

Hold/Resume an ongoing audio conversation

Ctrl + M

Pause/Resume video (only if already in progress)

Alt + R

Rejoin audio in a conference

Escape

Exits fullscreen view if present. Else, will close the conversation window only if it has no audio, video or sharing.

Ctrl + Shift + <, Ctrl + Shift + >

Increase/Decrease selected text font size in IM input

Ctrl + ], Ctrl + [

Zoom in/Zoom out the text in IM input and history

Pooja Malpani, Software Design Engineer

Published Friday, September 24, 2010 1:38 PM by octeam
Filed Under:

@PhoneJill

We dont quite have that, but we have something close. You can get to main window using windows+Q. Then press Ctrl+3 to go to conversations tab. Use arrow keys to find your conversation. In a real scenario, you could have multiple conversation windows and there is no easy way to define the active one. Is it the one with the current call in progress or the one with the most recent IM activity or the one in focus? However, we have heard multiple feedback about a mute/unmute shortcut key and we are wokring on incorporating that.

@Sanjay: The blogpost lists shortcut keys for all the asks you listed, do those not work for you?

@Leslie: Contact status is automatically refreshed at a regular time interval. This doesnt work if there is connectivity issue or your exchange server is going through maintenance. If you are interested in any particular contact, you can tag them (in right click menu on a contact) and you'll get a toast notifying you when they are available or offline.

@All: Thanks for sharing feedback. We are capturing this feedback and incorporating some of it in the next version of Lync.

2. @Dave

Please try Enter. It should start an IM window with the selected contact.

jd: Escape will close your conversation window if it iss IM only. If there is audio/video or shared content like desktop, ppt, whiteboard etc it wont close. If you need to find a converstaion that you accidentally closed, you can go to conversations tab in Lync main window and choose the conversation from there. The conversations tab (Ctrl+2) lists your current and recent conversations. So I hit windows+q to bring up main window and then ctrl+2 to view the conversations tab.

4. PhoneJill says:

The one powerful shortcut that I'd love to see, but seems to be missing, is a key combo that would bring the current <<phone>> conversation window to the forefront.

When i'm sitting on conference calls I'm often muted and have some other note-taking or presentation window in focus and in use – then i need to speak! It takes much too long to find the open conversation and unmute. So i guess i'd really like two shortcuts: 1) to bring up the active convo and 2) to mute/unmute the active convo.

5. sanjay says:

Accept or decline an invitation to share, audio or video modalities.

Increase/Decrease selected text font size in IM input

View all conversations when in conversation list tab

Alt + D

View missed conversations when in conversation list

6. Mike Mulcare says:

+1 Phone Jill

I would really like a shorcut key for coming off mute on a voice call.

Mike

7. James Fink says:

Shy do they call it a trial. Most people are already using exchange 2010/2007, and can use the certificate they already have from exchange for lync.

ultimateafricanmango.posterous.com/ultimate-african-mango-review-get-free-trial

8. Alawishis says:

Regarding mute/unmute, we use a usb headset that integrates well with LYNC.  It has a mute button that saves having to hunt down the software one.

9. Leslie says:

Need an automatic status refresh to show contacts that sign on after initial log on.  Have to do a complete reboot of computer to get the status to refresh??

10. Martin says:

Mute/Unmute shortcut would be most welcome! TY

11. jd says:

I don't want the escape key to close the Communicator window.

I work often on Unix and I hit the escape key frequently. When I think that my Windows cursor is sitting on a a Unix window, and it is actually sitting on a Communicator window, hitting the escape key closes the Communicator window and I lose the entire conversation.

12. Jeremy Wiebe says:

I'll second @PhoneJill Mute/Unmute would be very handy.  (An extra bonus would be to modify the Lync system tray icon to denote that you're muted for cases where the conversation window is not in the foreground).

13. Andrei says:

hi, is their a way to disable the shortcuts ???

I'm using some of the global ones in other applications and couldn't find were they can be modified or disabled.

Thanks

14. I'm with @Andrei here.  I use Win+Q for SlickRun and prefer it assigned to that.

15. WendellMcc says:

I would like a shortcut to put a call in park in the Attendant Console.  Unless I missed it the only way to do that is click on a drop down and click on call park.  Is there a one-step option?

16. David says:

@Lex – I had the same conflict with SlickRun. Fortunately, SlickRun starts earlier in the login sequence than Lync if you have both set to auto-start, so SlickRun is able to "steal" the key from Lync. (System hotkeys are "first come, first served".) Just make sure that Lync is not running when you configure the shortcut in the SlickRun settings, or SR won't let you configure it – it will detect that another application has already claimed the key combination.

17. Mitch says:

I like using emoticons, but I don't like having keyboard shortcuts for them.  It seems like whenever I paste a hyperlink or C++ code into an IM, some part of it gets changed to emoticons, which is particularly undesirable.  Is there a way to disable the keyboard shortcuts for emoticons without disabling emoticons altogether?

18. Eric says:

Hey, how do we turn off a shortcut key?  Ctrl-Shift-S is used to Save All in a lot of apps.  I'd like it to stay as Save-All, not quit sharing.

19. sachin says:

how can i format "code" in outlook lync. Everytime I copy paste some code it looses its formatting. You must have seen this formatting in many forums like OTN , unix.com etc. Please suggest.

20. JackieM says:

There must be a shortcut to go to the Status dropdown to change Status.  I don't want to mouse over Lync every time I go for coffee, lunch, etc. and come back.

21. Elin says:

Zoom in/out – short keys are Ctrl + ] – how to use this when ] actually consist of Alt Gr + ] – should I then use Ctrl + Alt Gr + ]??? Doesn't work. Anyone who knows how to zoom in? I zoomed out by accident, and the text in then IM window is tiny and impossible to read…

Elin

22. Dave says:

I accidentally changed the font to chinesse by pressing some random keys in my keyboard. I was able to get back to regular font after restarting lync but i would like to know what is the shortcut to do this. Thank you

23. Stefan says:

@ELIN

change your keyboard to englsih keyboard – the [ and ] will be found somehwere in the ü + ä # ß ´ area

and youll get back your larger window

took me more than 1 hour to find out how it works

enjoy link

24. Dave says:

How do I get a shortcut that starts an IM for a selected contact?  I can't seem to find that.

25. beatrice says:

Suddenly the font of the incoming messages are very small and quite unreadable. How can I restore the right font?

26. Gregory says:

Any shortcut for starting-pausing-ending meeting recording?

27. madlock says:

How about a shortcut that disables all shortcuts, like ctrl-shift-v or something, i press control shift v to paste, it starts a video chat? (i don't even have a friggen webcam, comeon lync do i need to get the master sword for you?)

28. Stefan says:

I have the same issue with hitting a shortcut by acciddent and now the font size for IM is nearly unreadable (small). I can`t reset it!

PLEASE HELP!

29. Stefan says:

I found a workaround to change the IM text size. You need to switch your keyboard to US English in Control panel. Then the CTRL + ]  shortcut works!

30. KSousa says:

Thank you, Stefan!

It's been a whole week since I got that problem and nobody knew how to fix it! Changing the language to US and using the shortcut did the trick for me! 😀

31. Alex Blokha says:

The Mute/Unmute shortcut is really needed.

32. PK82-MS says:

unfortunately by mistake I reduced the font size of incomming messages with a shortcut which I do not know (tried to sent a message and just changed the size of incomming text).

My eyes already hurt a lot while communitcationg via Lync – could someone please provide a solution for this problem?? Many thanks already!

33. PK82-MS says:

The answer was already here>

"STEFan 17 Oct 2012 3:58 AM # @ELIN

and youll get back your larger window

took me more than 1 hour to find out how it works

enjoy link"

34. Amlia says:

I have clicked (by mistake) some button (CTRL + ….) and the font of the messages I receive and type using Lynch have changed into a very small one. I can change it using the botton "change Font" (I have selected 12) but it is applied only to the text I am writing and it is smaller than the original std. font (by default it is 10). When I receive a reply again the font is very small.

Can anyone help me to solve this ?? Thanks

35. Amlia says:

@Stefan your workaround works! thanks a lot 🙂

36. ian_scho says:

From earlier published comments:

Change Text Size : Change your keyboard to english keyboard – and use the CTRL + [ or CTRL + ]

Change Text Size : Spanish keyboard it try CTRL + ? or CTRL + ¿

37. Federico HP says:

The last two shortcuts are wrong, very wrong! By first, “Ctrl + Shift + < " are not possibile if were possible "Ctrl + Shift + >…. well it doesn’t work! Neither “Ctrl + [” neither “Ctrl + ]”.

Then, the correct shortcuts are “Ctrl + ‘” to decrease and “Ctrl +ì” to increase.

38. Desparado says:

Hi Team,

Accidentally i pressed crtl +…. and my colon button and question mark buttons are interchanged and i get the character ñ when i press colon button.

Kindly help me getting this issue resolved.

39. Martha says:

When will shortcut keys be available for use with Lync Basic 2013?

40. Martha says:

When will shortcut keys be available for use with Lync Basic 2013?

41. Alessandro says:

Can anyone help me to solve this ?? Thanks

42. Avindra Goolcharan says:

There should be an option to disable the Escape shortcut. Escape is a frequently used key, and I accidentally close out my communications with it.

43. Paolo says:

Can anyone help me to solve this ?? Thanks

44. Ishita says:

Is it possible to retrieve information about who sent a contact request on Lync, that was accidentally deleted?

45. ashbass says:

To make messages flow top to bottom instead of bottom to top. Like my email, most recent on top and oldest on the bottom.

46. Elvan says:

In my case the shortcuts are:
    CTRL + 0: reset zoom
    CTRL + ‘: zoom out
    CTRL + ^: zoom in

My keyboard is QWERTZ (swiss german layout )

47. show box says:

Thanks for the great info. I really loved this. I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    For more info on showbox please refer below sites:
    Latest version of Showbox App download for all android smart phones and tablets.
    http://movieboxappdownloads.com/ – It’s just 2 MB file you can easily get it on your android device without much trouble. Showbox app was well designed application for android to watch movies and TV shows, Cartoons and many more such things on your smartphone.
    For showbox on iOS (iPhone/iPad), please read below articles:
    Showbox for PC articles:
    There are countless for PC clients as it is essentially easy to understand, simple to introduce, gives continuous administration, effectively reasonable. it is accessible at completely free of expense i.e., there will be no establishment charges and after establishment
    it doesn’t charge cash for watching films and recordings.
    http://www.showboxforipad.org/showbox-apk/ Not simply watching, it likewise offers alternative to download recordings and motion pictures. The accompanying are the strides that are to be taken after to introduce Showbox application on Android. The above
    all else thing to be done is, go to the Security Settings on your Android telephone, Scroll down and tap on ‘Obscure sources’.
    Movie Box, an esteemed movies application in which you can find stacks of programs and films. The guide is given here to download Movie Box app to Android and to Apple iOS 9.0.2, iOS 8.4/8.3 and also for the lower versions without Jailbreak.
    Please do login to Showbox application with the help of Ymail. You can login in Ymail from here –
    Sign Up & Do registration for latest movies on Showbox application