Microsoft now offers a free instructor-led session that introduces key Office Communicator usage scenarios through live demonstrations and hands-on activities.
This live course is held in a virtual classroom via Office Live Meeting. It will allow you hands-on experience to build knowledge, skills, and confidence to use Office Communicator more effectively.
In this high-level overview, we will explore the following features:
- Instant Messaging: Need a fast answer to a question? Use Office Communicator to easily find a contact and start an Instant Messaging (IM) conversation.
- Presence: Use presence status to determine if and when a contact is available for an IM conversation or audio call. Set your own presence status to indicate how and when contacts can reach you.
- Contact Management: Build your Communicator contact list for the way you work. You can add distribution groups or organize contacts into your own custom groups.
- Audio and Video: Make or receive audio calls using your computer. If you have a webcam, you can add real-time video to your conversation.
- Desktop Sharing: Share your desktop during an instant messaging session to collaborate or edit documents with a single colleague or an entire team.
- Office Application Integration: View a contact’s presence status and start communicating from within your Office applications, including Microsoft Office Outlook and SharePoint.
- Add a Live Meeting: Use the Meet Now option to quickly start a new conference and invite people who are either inside or outside of your organization.
- Communicator Web Access: Stay connected with Communicator while at home or traveling – all you need is an Internet connection.
Click here to register: https://events.livemeeting.com/967/15027/reg.aspx?pc=04
We hope to see you at an upcoming session!