Microsoft® Office Communicator for Java, the main window is divided
into the Conversation Area and the Contact List. A conversation can be a
phone call, a conference call, or an instant message. By paying
attention to the Incoming, Active, and Pending conversation areas, you
can easily manage multiple conversations at once.
To sign in
- Scroll to Domain/Username, and then enter your domain name and user name in the specified format.
- Scroll to Password, and then enter the password for your domain account.
- Optionally, select Remember password if you do not want to enter your password every time you sign in to Communicator.
Enter the Server Address provided by your administrator.
To use special characters
- Press the ASTERISK (*) key to display the special characters screen.
- Find the character you want by scrolling through the list, and then press the middle soft key to select it.
To configure your PIN
The first time you sign in, you can enter a 4-digit numeric PIN for offline access, keypad lock, and the Save password feature (optional). Enter the 4 digit numeric-only PIN twice for confirmation. You can change this at any time by selecting the PIN Lock tab of the Settings screen.
To sign in/sign out
- If you chose Remember Password on a previous sign in, press Sign In and enter your PIN on subsequent sign-ins.
- From the Contact Manager window the next screen. Otherwise, you will have to re-enter your password on, press Sign Out. This will sign you out and return you to the sign in screen.
To make emergency calls
first time you sign in, the system gives you a choice of how to conduct
emergency calls. This is just a notification to default to the cellular
network for emergency calls.
To reset your PIN
- Select Options, select Settings, and select the PIN lock tab.
- Enter your four-digit number in the first text box.
- Re-enter it in the second text box. Select Save.
To lock/unlock the phone
- From the Options menu, choose Lock.
This will lock your phone, requiring you to enter your PIN before you
can use it. If you do not use the phone for five minutes it will
- To unlock the phone press Unlock and
enter your four-digit numeric PIN. You have five chances to enter your
PIN correctly. After that you will be returned to the Sign In screen to re-enter your credentials.
Do you have a tip or a trick to share? Send e-mail to email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Product Manager, UC Technical Audience Marketing