Windows Server 2008 is on its way. With the first release candidate in the pipeline, it shouldn't be long before release to manufacturing and general availability.
With such a long development time (it's the first new Windows Server OS since 2003,) the showstopping new features have been well publicized: Most IT pros are familiar with at least some of the details of Server Core, PowerShell and Windows Server Virtualization (codenamed Viridian). But Windows 2008 includes a lot more than those headliners.
The remaining part is here :
10. The Print Management Console (PMC).
8. Windows Remote Shell (WinRS).
7. Event forwarding.
6. Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
5. New password policies.
4. Group Policy (GP) improvements.
3. Ability to attach comments to GP settings.
2. "tools to successfully deploy, update and maintain Windows Server 2008."
1. Potentially huge network speed increases.