Se ha liberado el Service Pack 2 para Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 y Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007
We are happy to announce that Service Pack 2 for Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 has been released to the Microsoft Download Center. It includes all the fixes prior to SP2, and also several enhancements to improve server farm performance, availability and stability. Plus, a new stsadm operation has been added to help customers prepare for the upgrade to the next version of SharePoint. We recommend installing this new service pack and to help, I’ve assembled links to the KB articles, downloads, install steps and benefits.
Service Pack 2 for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, x86 & x64
Service Pack 2 for Office SharePoint Server 2007, x86 & x64
Slipstream Builds For Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 with SP2, x64
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 with SP2, x86
Customers can be benefited from the following enhancements with Service Pack 2.
- Performance and Availability Improvements
Service Pack 2 includes many fixes and enhancements designed to improve performance, availability, and stability in your server farms, including:
- New Timer job automatically rebuilds content database index to improve database performance.
- When a content database is marked as read-only, the user interface will be modified so users cannot perform tasks that require writing to the database.
- Performance enhancement across nearly all the components.
- Improved Interoperability
Service Pack 2 continues to improve SharePoint interoperability with other products and platforms.
- Broader support of browsers
Internet Explorer 8 is added into Level 1 browser support.
FireFox 2.0/3.0 is added into Level 2 browser support.
- Provide improved client integration user experience with Form Based Authentication. Now the client application can store user credentials instead of asking for them every time. For more technical details please refer to the updated articles on TechNet.
Configure forms-based authentication (Office SharePoint Server
Configure forms-based authentication (Windows SharePoint Services)
- Getting Ready for SharePoint Server 2010
A new preupgradecheck operation is added to stsadm tool. It can be used to scan your server farm to establish whether it is ready for upgrade to SharePoint Products and Technologies “14”. It identifies issues that could present obstacles to the upgrade process. It checks for several SharePoint Products and Technologies “14” system requirements, including the presence of Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 and a 64-bit hardware, and provides feedback and best practice recommendations for your current environment, together with information on how to resolve any issues that the tool discovers.
The full explanation of SP2 benefits can be downloaded here:
Para más información consulta el Blog del Equipo de Producto de SharePoint en http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint