At [1:05] Adam Carter, showed usthe new Windows Server 8 Beta Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) / Remote Desktop Services and explained how this related to the Consumerization of IT. More specifically, we cover:
- Demo adding Windows Server 8 VDI
- New wizard and when to use Standard deployment versus Quick Start
- VDI Client being deployed and connecting via RDP
- User Disks
- Differences between Pooled & Personal Virtual Desktops and Session virtualization. When would you want to use one versus the other?
- How does Windows Server 8 patch the virtual machines?
- How to upgrade users quickly to Windows 8?
- Remote Apps