The IT Pro Evangelism team, Microsoft Learning and the Microsoft Virtual Academy are pleased to announce the next Jump Start course Microsoft Tools for VMware Integration & Migration on Thursday, March 14th from 8am – 12pm PST.
This is a live, public, free, online event so ask your customers to sign up today: https://aka.ms/vmtools. This event will be recorded and available on the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) several weeks later, so even if you cannot make the live event, sign up so that you receive a notification once the course is available on the MVA.
This course is designed for IT professionals who need to manage, monitor and automate VMware in their datacenter using System Center 2012 SP1. During this half-day Jump Start, Microsoft Technical Evangelist Symon Perriman (MCSE and VMware Certified Professional) will be joined by four different Microsoft and VMware experts during the team-taught learning experience. First, Eric Winner will share how Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) and App Controller can run VMware infrastructure, hypervisor and VMs. Next Michael Stafford from Veeam will show how the Veeam Management Pack for Operations Manager monitors and reports on the VMware infrastructure. Third, Justin Incarnato demonstrates how VMware can be integrated and automated using Orchestrator. Finally, Anupama Vedapuri walks through the Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter (MVMC), a free Solution Accelerator that converts VMware-based VMs and disks to Hyper-V.
· 8am – 9am | Manage VMware with SC2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
· 9am – 10am | Monitor VMware with SC2012 SP1 Operations Manager and Veeam
· 10am – 11am | Automate VMware with SC2012 SP1 Orchestrator
· 11am – 12pm | Migrate VMware VMs using Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter (MVMC)
Also check out previous virtualization Jump Start events which are now available on the MVA:
· “Introduction to Hyper-V” Jump Start (with Symon Perriman and Jeff Woolsey)
· “Microsoft Virtualization for VMware Professionals” Jump Start (with Symon Perriman and Matt McSpirit)