I’ve been tagged! Eileen Brown got me! …so I’m obliged to A) tell 5 things about myself that you probably don’t know, and then B) tag 5 additional blogasphere friends.
Okay.. here are 5 things that you may not know about me:
- I have 4 lovely children: Joe (15), Andy (14), Amy (12), and Laura (10). And a lovely wife Nancy (29. She was only 7 years old when we were married. Go figger.)
- My original intent out of high school was to go into music. So I have two years of music study in Theory and Composition at the University of Minnesota. I used to compose music, though I haven’t done much of that recently. Eventually I came to realize that there was better opportunity (and better chance of supporting a family) if I were to go into Computers rather than Music – so I switched goals and achieved a BA in Computer Science at the University of Minnesota (go Gophers!). The first 8 years of my professional life were as a Software Engineer, eventually switching to Information Systems.
- I have what is known as “perfect pitch”. I can remember a note, a song key, or hear chord progressions and their nuances in ways that most people can’t. It’s both a blessing and a curse (just ask my band-mates). Which leads to…
- I’m a lead singer in a band. It’s called “Unbridled”, and we play strictly for no money or for charity. We’ve raised over $300,000 over the past 4 years for various local charities and causes. We “cover” various Rock-and-Roll songs from the 60’s through to the present. (If you’re interested, our next two gigs are January 27, 2007 at “Billy Bob’s” (8060 Hwy 55, Rockford, MN 612-477-4742), and on March 3, 2007 for the Wayzata High School Gala.)
- I haven’t always been a geek, but have always had geeky friends. They knew every Star Trek episode by heart. I didn’t and still don’t. (though.. I do have the dialog of most Monty Python movies and even most of the TV series skits memorized. I guess that qualifies.)
You guys now have to tell us 5 facts about yourselves, and then tag 5 other people.
Isn’t this fun?