Dang.. this day is just full of good news.
Here’s another item that just entered my in-box…
Yes indeed.. we’re releasing Beta 2 today of our Antispyware. What was formerly known as Microsoft Antispyware is now called Windows Defender. This is the antispyware tool that will be included with Windows Vista, and also available for XP. Beta 2 is a free download.
I’m glad you asked. Here’s the text straight from the email:
Improvements in Windows Defender (Beta 2)
- Enhanced performance through a new scanning engine.
- Streamlined, simplified user interface and alerts.
- Improved control over programs on your computer (using enhanced Software Explorer).
- Multiple language support with globalization and localization features.
- Protection technologies for all users, even those who do not have administrator rights on the computer.
- Support for assistive technology for individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities.
- Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- Information about the most recent spyware threats that Microsoft has identified.
I’m running right over to my kid’s laptop and installing it. As I’ve said before, my kids make it a regular practice of attempting to install every virus and spyware tool out there.