Windows Server Administration Webcast Series
Homework Assignment #12
- Go to my blog , click on the category “TechNet Webcasts”, and view the “Resource Page” for part 12 of this series. I’ve included several links relating to this topic, so take a look through those resources. I really want this to be the vehicle we use to share information and open up discussions.
- I am also posting the homework here now (duh!) as well as an edited Q&A summary for each week’s webcast.
2. A Choice…
Go to the Windows Server Update Services Site and download the Release Candidate. Try it out. Check out the online resources and FAQ document there.
— OR —
Virtual Lab: “Managing Security Updates with SMS”
This virtual lab allows you to:
Scan computers by using SMS 2003. Manage security update distribution by using SMS 2003.
On that Virtual Lab homepage, click on the Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 section
- Then click on the “Step into the SMS 2003 Virtual Lab for Free”
- It might take a minute for this page to come up, depending on how busy the demoservers are. (You will have better luck getting onto these in the early morning or late evening, US-time.)
- Follow the logon/signup instructions, and choose the “Managing Security Updates with SMS” lab.