Windows Server Administration Webcast Series
Homework Assignment #4
- Go to my blog , click on the category “TechNet Webcasts”, and view the “Resource Page” for part 4 of 12 of this series. I’ve included several links relating to this topic, so take a look through those resources. I really want this to be the vehicle we use to share information and open up discussions.
- I am also posting the homework here now (duh!) as well as a Q&A “best of” summary from each week’s webcast.
2. Windows Server 2003 Virtual Lab: System Administration Scripting
After completing this lab, you will be able to:
Write simple scripts for managing local user accounts.
Write simple scripts for managing services, shared folders and processes.
Write simple scripts for retrieving events from event logs.
Write simple scripts for logging off the local computer.
On that Virtual Lab homepage, click on the Windows Server 2003 section.
- Then click on the “Step into the Windows Server 2003 Virtual Lab for Free”
- It might take a minute for this page to come up, depending on how busy the demoservers are. (You will have better luck getting onto these in the early morning or late evening, US-time.)
- Follow the logon/signup instructions, and choose the “System Administration Scripting” lab.
Another extremely useful scripting resource for you is the TechNet Script Center.