Just a quick post to let you know that I’ll be in Berlin for Tech-Ed EMEA from November 8 – 13 and I hope to see some of you there. I’ll be providing a broad overview of our web conferencing solutions, both on-premise and in the cloud.
I’ll be delivering one breakout session:-
- UNC101-SUN – Using Microsoft Web Conferencing to Save Money
- As part of Microsoft’s Unified Communications strategy, Microsoft offers two Web Conferencing solutions: Microsoft Office Live Meeting and Office Communications Server. Correctly deployed these solutions can and have saved organisations a significant amount of money by providing efficient virtual face-to-face meetings, thus reducing travel and telephony costs. This session introduces the solutions and shows how they can be used to run efficient meetings. With live demonstrations we explore the differences between the solutions and identify, with reference to actual deployments, best practices …
Other sessions running in the UC track about or related to web conferencing include:-
- UNC203 Implementing and Administering Microsoft Online Services
- In this session we provide a status on the MS Online Services solution (which include Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Office Live Meeting, and Office Communications Online), explain the different migration scenarios, and give you information on real customer scenarios.
- UNC205 Tips and Tricks for Planning, Deploying, and Troubleshooting the Microsoft Office Live Meeting Service
- Office Live Meeting 2007 can save organisations significant amounts of money by reducing travel times and providing efficient virtual meeting environments. For organisations to make the most of Live Meeting, it must be configured correctly and so must the organisation’s network. This session provides a deep dive into planning, installing, and troubleshooting Live Meeting 2007, the Office Outlook Add-in and the Live Meeting Portal. This session provides IT Pros with best practices and tips for successfully deploying Live Meeting to realise the full potential of this powerful Web conferencing and virtual meeting tool.
More information on Tech-Ed EMEA can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/europe/teched/. Tech-Ed is a good venue for any and all technology professionals interested in exploring a broad set of current and upcoming Microsoft technologies, tools, platforms, and services.
Apart from my breakout session you should be able to find me on the Unified Communications stand in the Technical Learning Centre on Tuesday afternoon.
Whether you can make it to the conferencing sessions or not, I’m looking forward to seeing you in Berlin. Feel free to tap me on the shoulder and say hello.