My grandfather said two things:
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of manure
Death and taxes are part of life
Planning out a deployment is a good thing.
My best friend would say "No one plans to fail, they just fail to plan"
This will be a multi-part blog - breaking out the high level steps, and my experience getting the solution set up.
What do we need for Service Map?
- Azure connectivity
- Computers in scope for visualization
- What computers (Windows or Linux)
- Pricing FAQ
- Dependency agent installed on computers
- Azure Service Principal
- (think of it as an SSH shared key ID/password for Azure Apps to communicate)
- Docs article
High level steps
- Overview blog
- Install the MMA agent blog
- Install the dependency agent blog
- Configure Azure Service Principal blog
- Configure Service Map on SCOM blog