Event 18054 errors in the SQL application log – in SCOM 2012 R2 deployments

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

<![endif]-->

1. Jesty says:

Hi Kevin,
    I am unable to view the scripts attached with the article.

2. Jesty says:

Hi Kevin,
    I am sorry could view the script in the link given below. Thanks

I recently had an interesting customer issue. We were deploying a new management group to do some performance

4. Orit says:

Hi Kevin,
    I have the exact same thing – SCOM 2012 R2 after moving SCOM DB.
    But I’m unable to access the link in the article.

Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Orit.

5. Sone says:

Hi Kevin,

Just wanted to know if this query needs to be run against either master or OpsMgr database. Please help and suggest both query should run against which database.

Thanks
    Sone

6. Jesty Sam says:

Hi Kevin,
    The message error says that “Message: Error 777980003, severity 16, state 1 was raised, but no message with that error number was found in sys.messages. If error is larger than 50000, make sure the user-defined message is added using sp_addmessage.” So should i only run the below command in that case.

— Target entity of the relationship doesn’t exist.
    EXECUTE sp_addmessage @msgnum = 777980003, @msgtext = N’The specified relationship doesn”t have a valid target.’, @severity = 16, @lang = ‘us_english’, @with_log = false, @replace = ‘REPLACE’
    GO

1. Kevin Holman says:

If you are missing that one, you are likely missing them all. Why not just run the whole script. That’s what I’d recommend.

1. Jesty Sam says:

Thanks for your response Kevin. Much appreciated

2. Suruchi says:

kevin,
        I am at the latest SCOM 2012 R2 UR12. Are these scripts applicable to my env. And also do these scripts need to be run against OperationsManager and OperationsManagerDW respectively ? Thank you.

7. Stefan says:

Hi Kevin,
    The team at dbatools.io wrote a great PowerShell Module that easily copies theses messages – https://dbatools.io/functions/copy-sqlcustomerror/