How to use Snippets in VSAE to write LOTS of workflows, quickly!

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

<![endif]-->

1. HectorMarcia says:

Hi Kevin,

I wonder if you could assist with direction on how to submit what appears to be a bug in current snippet template or perhaps you have the solution.

I’ve created a snippet template to create groups based on AD Organizational Units. When I attempt to import .csv file with info the template takes the first comma of the OU’s DN as a separate field even when the entire DN is enclosed in double quotes. so bottom
    line the template does not read the double quotes as an attempt to enclose a field.

Any feedback is fully appreciated!!

template code below:

Discovery

$MPElement$
    $MPElement[Name="#text(‘GroupId’)#"]$

$MPElement[Name="#alias(‘Microsoft.Windows.Library’)#!Microsoft.Windows.Computer"]$
    $MPElement[Name="#alias(‘Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroup.Library’)#!Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroupContainsEntities"]$

$MPElement[Name="#alias(‘Microsoft.Windows.Library’)#!Microsoft.Windows.Computer"]/OrganizationalUnit$

Equal

#text(‘OU_DN’)#

2. HectorMarcia says:

Outstanding!!! I guess the sky is the limit with snippets since every workflow fragment can be turned into a snippet template?

Thanks Kevin

I had a request from a customer recently, for an updated version of the WINS Management pack. Microsoft

4. Jose Fehse says:

Kevin, your timing couldn’t be better. So glad you are back. That was exactly what I needed yesterday for a customer POC.

Jose Fehse
    MVP

5. Sebastian says:

Great ! I should have known this 6 months ago, we had project with about 150 similar Rules.

6. SCOMGustavo says:

Thanks a lot for this useful information Kevin, your blog is fantastic. In general I miss more info about VSAE in Internet so I would like to suggest you more post about this.

From my side I’m going to add a couple of articles in my blog with some examples of how to create a "PowerShell Rule Alert" and a "PowerShell Scheduled Execution Script Rule".

7. Karthick Kesavan says:

Kevin,

it is awsome man 🙂

8. dilip says:

Kevin,
    You are the savior. This is what I need at the customer site for converting thousands of special sensors into SCOM Monitors, Rules ETC.
    A BIG THANK YOU

9. rob1974 says:

Is there a way to save the snippet itself, so you can re-use the snippet in other projects easily? There’s a snippet manager in VS, but that doesn’t seem to allow importing mp-snippets.

Comments are closed.