ConfigMgr 2012 R2 – QuickStart Deployment Guide

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

<![endif]-->

Hello, is Web-Scripting-Tools required? I can’t find that mentioned anywhere else. I’m troubleshooting a new install with the MP component not responding, and that’s the only thing I see different from what we configured. TechNet says it can be uninstalled: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx#BKMK_Win2k12SiteSystemPrereqs

2. Kevin Holman says:

The DB can be installed locally to the ConfigMgr site server. There is no requirement to have the separate. You just have to account for the additional memory needed in order for both to share, and make sure you limit the SQL memory so it doesn’t take
    it all.

3. abmpinoy says:

Your guides are great man, thank you very much.

4. tony says:

Very good write up! Keeping it straight to the point. Thanks

5. Kirill says:

Very well written. Many thanks.

6. ryan says:

What about installing a Central Administration Server (CAS) into this? Should it not be installed first and if so where should the SQL databases reside and what would then change in the installation process described above?

7. ryan says:

Sorry Kevin, I didn’t read that you already added the bit on adding a CAS to this blog (I somehow overlooked that). This is a very written article, you have my thanks and gratitude!

8. TCP disabled by default says:

Seems SQL Express 2012 SP1 installs with TCP disabled by default. Nearly drove me loony finding the fix. Please add it to your list.

9. erich says:

So, you build a server for the DB.. can the DB also be installed in the same server as SC? or is require that they are in separate servers?

10. ak says:

Hey,

I’am planning to reinstall sccm 2012 r2. Now I have SCCM 2012 R2 on W2008 SP2 OS and some functions didn’t work, so I need to change OS to W2012 R2.
    Can I simple unninstall old sccm 2012 r2 then power off server and install fresh new OS w2012 r2 and fresh new sccm 2012 r2 on new server?
    Or there is some requirements for reinstalling sccm ? Thanks

11. TJ says:

"On the Data Directories tab – set your drive letters correctly for your SQL databases, logs, TempDB, and backup"

So, what exactly is meant by "correctly"? No one it seems has clearly spelled this out yet. C: for OS, D: for binaries, and then ??????

12. ryan says:

Do you have that pre-req list for 2008 R2 OS site server? They have changed the name of a few of those since 2008 r2.

13. While registering ASP.NET with IIS using command ‘C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319>aspnet_regiis.exe –r ‘ it gives error as ‘not recoginised as an internal or external command, operabal program or batch file.

14. gizzle says:

Step 9 On the SQL server – add the Computer Account in the domain to the local administrators group of the SQL database server (DOMAINCM1$)

Where does it say this is required? In
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712320.aspx#BKMK_InstallPrimarySite it says the computer account (CM1$) needs sysadmin role access on the server but per that link it only needs SQL access. Ive seen this guidance on a few other sites but cant
    track down an actual source of that info.

15. Bruce says:

This command is wrong. "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319>aspnet_regiis.exe –r"
    Corrected "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319aspnet_regiis.exe –r "

16. Anas Jalal says:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for this nice article, I appreciate this.
    But I think you should add the account sql service to be created in the first, right? also can we install WSUS before deploying SQL server?

17. Anas Jalal says:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for this nice article, I appreciate this.

18. nimalkumara says:

nimalkumara

19. Nadeem Rana says:

Hi Kevin,

Very nice article, I have question regarding SCCM Installation. Can I have SCCM Site server in Child domain? what kind of permission, do I need to give site server to access Parent domain?