How to monitor SQL Agent jobs using the SQL Management Pack and OpsMgr

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

<![endif]-->

I was wondering; this seems trivial however does not seem to be working for me.

I'm trying to setup the job monitor (not rule), which I've set appropriately as you've stated above but it does not work when using a dynamic group containing agent job objects.  It does however work when I enable it on an individual job basis; same as those listed in the dynamic group.

I have many jobs across the enterprise and those populated with a specific category are the ones we want to alert which is what the dynamic group is for.

Have you come across this issue before?

2. Ravi says:

Hello,

Do you have the XML configuration after implementation such a unit monitor?

Thanks,

Ravi

Pingback from Microsoft – Preparing for free exam 74-409 Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center | blog.bjornhouben.com

5. Dabbu says:

really Its very Helpful.

6. Manohar says:

We need to generate alert only for the enabled job when it get failed and not for the disabled jobs which last run status is in failed state. I know there is a rule base Monitor that target the “SQL Agent” object, that primarily look in the Application
    event log for issues/errors related to the SQL Agent but for this we need to enable notification in each SQL job which is not possible in our huge SQL environment. Thanks in Advance!!!

7. Laxman Lomate says:

Hi Kevin,
    Could you please help me out in genrating sql long runing job with an job name i have configured it to generate long running job successfully.
    Am also getting all management server resource poll unavailable error. Requst ;you to kindly help me to resolve this issue

8. Shifak says:

One issue I have noticed is that if an SQL Agent Job is disabled SCOM will still Alert on it based on last run status. Discovery should be smart enough to remove this job from SCOM inventory.

9. Abhilash malbari says: