In this module you will learn how System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Operations Manager (SCOM) has added support for Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 which provides enhanced network & storage monitoring, including virtual fabric monitoring. Additionally you find see how the topology has been simplified while monitoring on-premise and in the Windows Azure public cloud using new features like the Global Service Monitoring extensible dashboards. You will additionally hear about Azure SDK support, Linux/Unix authoring & new supported distributions including CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu as well as Application Performance Monitoring (APM) for improved application insight with WCF, MVC, .NET Windows services, IIS8 & JEE. Finally hear about developer and operations (DevOps) integration by extending SCOM data to Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server 2012.
This video is part of the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA). The MVA is a free program delivering structured learning paths for IT Professionals on various Microsoft products and solutions.
- Build a Microsoft private cloud using free trial software
- Review licensing and purchasing options
- Watch the Jump Start “Creating and Managing a Private Cloud on System Center 2012”
- Learn more about Microsoft’s private cloud strategy
- Review your options for training on the cloud
- Try Microsoft private cloud
- Try System Center 2012 software