This video covers the Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V support for remote file storage using SMB 3.0. This introduces a new first-class storage option for Hyper-V that is a flexible, easy to use and cost-effective alternative to block storage. The video details the basic requirements for Hyper-V over SMB and outline the specific enhancements to SMB 3.0 to support server application storage, including SMB Transparent Failover, SMB Scale-Out, SMB Multichannel, SMB Direct (SMB over RDMA), SMB Encryption, SMB PowerShell, SMB performance counters and VSS for SMB File Shares. It concludes with a few suggested configurations for Hyper-V over SMB, including both standalone and clustered options.
- Build a Microsoft private cloud using free trial software
- Review licensing and purchasing options
- Watch the Jump Start "Creating and Managing a Private Cloud on System Center 2012"
- Learn more about Microsoft’s private cloud strategy
- Review your options for training on the cloud
- Try Microsoft private cloud
- Try System Center 2012 software