There is an advanced level course which provides students with the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to design a complex data center architecture using Microsoft virtualization and management technologies, including Microsoft Windows Serverw ith Hyper-V and the System Center Suite. It is intended for IT architects with extensive VMware experience who have the responsibility for designing and deploying virtualization data centers based on Microsoft technology with potential VMware integration.
- Understand the mapping between Microsoft and VMware virtualization terminology and technology
- Understand the benefits of implementing a virtualization infrastructure using Microsoft Server virtualization and System Center management solutions
- Design a Microsoft virtualization and management strategy for a heterogeneous virtualization infrastructure
- Perform server consolidation in a heterogeneous virtualization environment
- Design a virtualization management automation infrastructure using System Center Orchestrator and/or Service Manager
- Understand private cloud infrastructure fundamentals
- Understand how the System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal enables Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) in a private cloud infrastructure
- Understand and contrast Microsoft server virtualization and management terminology and solutions with VMware vSphere and vCenter
- Understand Windows Server with Hyper-V and System Center Suite features and functionality to design dynamic and robust end-to-end server virtualization and management solutions
If you have Windows Server, Hyper-V, VMware deployment and administration experience, this course may be good for you Microsoft Server Virtualization and Management for the Experienced ...
For self-guided labs on Windows Server 2012, goto http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/hh968267.aspx
For Private Cloud guided labs using System Center 2012, they are available at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/hh913622.aspx.
For more self-guided learning resources, you can visit https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/
To download a Windows Server 2012 Evaluation in ISO or VHD, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/hh670538.aspx
To download System Center 2012 SP1 Beta, goto http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34607
- Build a Microsoft private cloud using free trial software
- Review licensing and purchasing options
- Watch the Jump Start "Creating and Managing a Private Cloud on System Center 2012"
- Learn more about Microsoft’s private cloud strategy
- Review your options for training on the cloud
- Try Microsoft private cloud
- Try System Center 2012 software
Ken Sim, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation - Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 and Hyper-V